19

"Sister Rui, did Zhanshi give you any gifts." Xiao cheerfully asks while she skips into Rui's room. However, as she nears the bedroom, she could not help but widen her eyes when she saw what Rui had in her hands. She rushed over to Rui and snatched the small pill from Rui's hand before Rui could swallow it. With the pill tightly clutched in her hand, as Xiao quickly backs away from Rui, Rui lets out a loud cry, pleading for Xiao to give the small pill back to her.

Xiao in turn just sobs and shakes her head, while she backs away from Rui and tells her, "No. I will not allow you to do this to yourself again....Please don't do this."

-------------------------------------------

Xiao came to work for the restaurant/entertainment place when she was 10 years old. She was still so young and stupid then and it was Rui who had helped and guided her through the entertainment world.

As Xiao hangs around Rui more and more, she began to understand the type of work that Rui does. She also came to respect Rui's strength because if Xiao had to entertaining old gross clients everyday, she knows that her mind would break and she would no longer smile at anybody.

However, as time went on, Xiao noticed that there was a particular client who greatly favors Rui and as Rui continues to spend time with him, her behavior became weird. She became reckless, unstable, erratic, and even her appearances was started to deteriorate.

Eventually when the managers found out and reprimanded Rui, Xiao learned that the guy who Rui was hanging around is an infamous Royal General and he had been giving Rui drugs.

Angry at the guy and disappointed at herself for not noticing the signs sooner, Xiao promised herself that she would never allowed Rui to fall back on the drug.

-------------------------------------------

It took Rui a fairly long time to truly cleanse her addiction and just when Rui was about to give up, Zhanshi stepped into the picture.

Rui instantly fell in love with Zhanshi and he became the determination for her to stop and enjoy life again. Rui even planned to stop her line of work and marry Zhanshi some day, and based off of what Xiao saw, Zhanshi seems to also like Rui a lot as well.

So Xiao was confused as to why Rui would fall back onto the drug.

-------------------------------------------

After discarding the drug, Xiao carefully made her way back into Rui's room and carefully asks a sobbing Rui, "...why....why were you going to do that?"

As Rui turns to glare at her, she tells Xiao, "He's found someone else....he doesn't need me anymore....--sob--...there's no point for me to live anymore."

As Xiao was about to say, "You're mistaken", Rui cut her off and shouts, "He said that man is going to be his future husband. NOW TELL ME...what is there left for me?!"

At this point Xiao can feel tears burning the back of her eyes again and as she bites her bottom lip and tries to think of a way to calm Rui down, Rui stood up from where she was sitting and walks over towards the window.

While Xiao ponders what Rui is doing, as she saw Rui open the window and attempt to jump off. Xiao rushed over and used all her strength to yank Rui back into the room.

As Rui curses and sobs, the tears that Xiao tried so hard to hold back broke through and dripped down her face and she finds herself shouting, "I will make sure he does not marry that guy".

Upon hearing what Xiao said, Rui stops her sobbing and focused her teary red eyes on Xiao.

"How?" Rui asks in a crackling voice. With a determined look in her eyes, Xiao gently grasp both of Rui's hand and tells her, "I won't let anything stand in the way of your happiness. I will find a way to get rid of him. Please just trust me, Zhanshi will marry no one but you because you."

-------------------------------------------

A day has gone by and even though Xiao had made that grand promise to Rui, to be honest, she has no idea what to do. As she thought and thought about what to do and how much this matter to Rui, a plan finally came to her and she rushed back to Rui's room.

After entering the room and closing all the doors and windows, Xiao whispers to Rui, "I have a plan now."

As Rui widen her eyes and anticipates what Xiao's plan could be, Xiao softly asks her, "Can you still get in contact with that Royal General who used to visit you a lot?"

Rui was shocked to hear that Xiao wanted to meet with Royal General Yan An, and frown as she asked, "Why?".

With a mischievous smile on her cute face, Xiao tells Rui, "We can asks him to bring you into the palace as a entertainer and I'll ask Zhanshi to bring me in as a maid. Once we get there, I will tell you more."

Knowing the type of person that Yan An is, Rui did not want to owe him any favors, but if it'll help her get Zhanshi she has no choice but to contact Yan An.

Sighing Rui gives Xiao a 'this better be worth it look' then nods.

A/N: what do you all think is going to happen?