8

Three days later

Even though Zhanshi is diligently feeding the kid the medicine the doctor prescribed, he doesn't seem to be getting any better. In fact he seems worse than before, and since this morning, Zhanshi noticed that his body temperature has dropped quite a bit, and seems to keep dropping. Worried that the kid may be suffering from other things, Zhanshi hastily calls the doctor again.

----------------------------

After checking the kid's vitals and examining this whole body, Zhanshi sees the doctor give a big sigh and shakes his head.

"Will he be okay?" Zhanshi worriedly asks the Doctor, but the Doctor just shakes his head and tells Zhanshi, "He has a deadly infection. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll survive this infectio-"

"How is that possible?! I made sure clean him daily and give him the medicine you prescribed." Zhanshi quickly interjects and furrows his brows, but the doctor just shakes his head and tells him, "This infection takes about 5 days to show, he was probably infected before you met him." With his brows knitted, Zhanshi takes a look at how paled and weak the kid has become and then asks the doctor, "Don't you have any antibiotics to cure it?" With a sympathetic look on his face, the doctor again shakes his head and tells Zhanshi, "His type of infection is not curable. I'm sorry."

----------------------------

After the doctor left, Zhanshi still could not believe what he was told and his own feelings. Firstly, he could not believe that the kid is going to die and secondly, he is still shock that he cares, given that the kid was attempting to kill him a few days ago.

Chuckling at his crazy actions and feelings, Zhanshi takes one look at the fragile kid again and sighs as he tries to figure out what he should do.

Eventually, he decides that pacing around his room would not do him any good and heads to the market, hoping that the doctor is wrong and someone in the market would know how to cure the infection.

----------------------------

Once Zhanshi reached the market, he quickly went from booth to booth asking if any of the shop owners know anything about the infection. Unfortunately, just like the doctor, all the owners who are aware of the infection tell him that it is incurable and some even went so far as to tell him that he's just wasting his time trying to look for a cure.

----------------------------

By the time Zhanshi reached the 30th shop, asked the same questions to that shop owner, and received the same answer, he finally accepted that there probably is no cure to the kid's infection.

Annoyed and frustrated that there is nothing he can do to save the kid, Zhanshi couldn't help but feel bad for the kid as he absentmindedly walks through the large marketplace. As he wallows in guilt and sadness, a loud voice jolts him from his thoughts. "Hey beautiful, do you want to play with us. We'll take real good care of you." a gruff voices loudly snickers. Upon turning his head towards the voice, Zhanshi sees two large men harassing a young lady. Given everything that Zhanshi has gone through in the past week, with his mother's death, his father's coldness, and now the kid's illness, Zhanshi glares at the two large men's disrespect/harrsment and walks towards them with a cold glint in his eyes.

When Zhanshi came up behind the man on the left side and see him reaching his hand towards the young lady, in one quick motion Zhanshi punched the man in the face, knocking him out. This of course alerted the other man, causing him to cursed and quickly twist his body around towards Zhanshi with his fist raised in mid air. However, before his fist could connect with Zhanshi's face, Zhanshi deliver a hard blow to his gut, causing blood to spew from his mouth and making him fall to the ground in a fetal position whiles gripping his stomach.