25

Once Lui was out of sight, Xiao gleefully skips towards Royal General Yan An's place with a satisfied smile covering her small face.

However, when she arrives to Rui's room and opens the door her smile dropped when she saw broken glass on the floor and sheets, clothes, and pillows tossed all over the place. Concerned about what could have happen with Rui, Xiao quickly bypasses all the hazardous things on the floor and vehemently search for Rui.

----------------------------------------

The first place that Xiao checked was the bedroom, but Rui wasn't there. So she moved on to the small living area, but Rui also was not there. As she moves towards the bathroom and pray that Rui is in there, she finds Rui crouched down on the cold floor quietly sobs.

Upon seeing Rui's pitiful form, Xiao rushed over to her and hugged her while she softly asks, "What's wrong?" This caused Rui to give her a cold glare and then push her away from Rui.

"You! You did this to me....This is all your fault....Ahhhh!...This is all your fault!" Rui abruptly stood up and shout after pushing Xiao away from her.

Xiao was not sure what Rui meant, but based off of the way she looked at Xiao and her overall appearance, Xiao knew that Rui had probably cried all night long.

Shaking her head with a concern look on her face, as Xiao attempted to walk up to Rui again, but stopped when she hears Rui shouts at the top of her lungs, "Don't come near me!!!! You are the reason why i'm like this now!!! You...You promised me!!..hic...But look...Look at me now!....You liar....You Ruined Me!!! --sob--"

Xiao wanted to tell Rui that she did keep her promise, but as Rui continues to curse at her, Xiao can feel her tears pooling in the back of her eyes. However knowing that now is not the right time to cry, she tries her best to push back the tears and just as Rui was about to curse at her again, Xiao shout over Rui's voice, "I did it...I killed him. He'll be dead in a few hours. Zhanshi will come back to you like I promised."

----------------------------------------

Rui was furious with Xiao but upon hearing that Xiao killed the jerk and Zhanshi will come back to her, Rui stop her crying for a moment and manage to asks, "huh?...what?"

Upon seeing that she seems a bit calmer now, a small smile appears on Xiao's face and she explains to Rui, "I poisoned that man who bewitched Zhanshi. He'll turn back to normal now and come back to you....I just did it so that guy is still probably alive, but he'll die within the next hour and Zhanshi will be here. I promise!"

----------------------------------------

When Rui heard what Xiao said, her heart jump with joy but when she remember her problem she fell back into her depress state and told Xiao in a depressed tone "It doesn't matter anymore....He won't want me anymore."

As Xiao was just about to asks why, Rui adds in a soft whisper "....I'm pregnant."

The revelation shocked Xiao and made her almost blurt out, 'how?' but she caught herself and closed her mouth.

After a moment of just watching Rui go back into her depressed sobbing state, Xiao finally manages to say, "we...we can get rid of it. No one will know. I can find you some herbs that'll work quickly."

----------------------------------------

Rui was shocked to hear what Xiao suggested. When she first discovered that she was pregnant with Yan An's child, the thought of killing the child had never crossed her mind even once until Xiao brought up. In fact she doesn't even know if she can go through with it, but as she thought about Zhanshi and the life and children that they can have together, she toughen her heart and tells Xiao to go find her those herbs right away.

----------------------------------------

Xiao hurried back to Zhanshi's wing and again asks the head maid for permission to go out, but seeing as she just went out recently, the head maid denied her request.

"But I need to buy something really important....Please..I promise, after this trip I won't asks to leave again." Xiao plead

But the head was firm in her answer and just told Xiao that the palace is not a playground where she can go and come as she please. There are other maids who had also requested time off and since Xiao had already had hers, it was their turn now.

----------------------------------------

As Xiao sat in her room and try to think of a nice way to tell Rui that she won't be able to get the herbs right away, she realized that four hours had gone by. Quickly forgetting her previous worries, an evil smile appears on her face again and she quickly scrambles off her bed and head towards Zhanshi's room in a rush.

----------------------------------------

By the time Xiao reached Zhanshi's room, she could barely contain her excitement and rushed into Zhanshi's room without thinking.

But once she was in the room, she saw that it was quiet. There was no one in the room. After Xiao search through all the rooms in the room and still saw no one, she wonders out loud to herself, 'did he go die somewhere else?'

----------------------------------------

"Who" a voice asks from behind her.

Just as Xiao was about to absentmindedly say "Lui", she caught herself and spun around.

To her dismay, the person asking the question was Zhanshi and in front of Zhanshi is a very much alive Lui. The sight surprised Xiao so much, that her jaw dropped wide open and her eyes were almost bulging from their sockets.

----------------------------------------

Upon seeing her weird reaction, Lui politely asks her, "Are you okay?" but she just continued to stare at him as if he was a ghost.

Seeing as Xiao is not answering, Zhanshi lets go of Lui's waist and slightly shook Xiao on the shoulder. "Hey, is everything okay?" Zhanshi asks.

The shake helped jolted Xiao from her shocked stated, but her mind had yet to catch up with her body. So she only managed to nod her head.

----------------------------------------

Upon seeing that Xiao is fine, Zhanshi then crossed his arms across his chest and with a raised brow asked Xiao, "Good. Now tell me. What are you doing in my room and who die?"

After processing Zhanshi's questions, Xiao shook her head and stutters out, "n..no one. I..I was just confused."

Having known Xiao for a while now, Zhanshi knows that Xiao still thinks like a child and is very impulsive so he decides to let it go and just tells her to leave the room.

----------------------------------------

As Xiao absentmindedly walks towards her room, she ignore everything around her and just thought about Lui.

'How can he still be alive. 3 hours had gone by...I made sure to use the whole bottle even though the lady said that three drops were enough.....I'm sure he ate everything. I saw it after all...and the chicken died...so how?!'

However, no matter how much she thought about it, it just does not make any sense because the poison worked on the chicken, so it can't be fake. Xiao was also the one to pour it into the bowl and watch Lui eat it. So she knows for sure that Lui ate it...but then how is he still alive. She also used more than required...did he puke it all out afterwards...hm..that can't be possible..can it?

As Xiao rubs her head and tried to figure out how Lui is still alive, nothing was coming to her.

After about 2 hours of just focusing on the issue, Xiao finally decides to let it go and come up with a new plan to get rid of Lui.

A/N: Can all of you give me some feedback on this story. For some reason this story is just not coming to me. So i need to know if the plot is flowing smoothly or if it seems jumpy and rushed. How is the overall story?

Also, please remember to vote. Thank you!