45

Seeing as both of the Royal Generals are not going to be the first to voice why they have trespassed into his residence and hurt his worker, with a cold expression and an emotionless tone, Zhanshi took the initiative and asks, "what brings Royal General Deng and Royal General LongYi here?"

As Royal General Deng shoots Zhanshi a disgusted and disdainful glare, Royal General LongYi confidently voice out in booming voice, "We have been told that you are housing a wanted criminal. We are here to apprehend that criminal."

As a scoff escape from Zhanshi's lips, he causally crosses his arms across his chest, paste on his usual gentlemanly smile, and tells them, "There are no criminals here."

However, as he finished his words, he hears Deng release a sneer and say, "We have a witness. The criminal is here. If you're so confident, then you will not mind if we check, right?"

---

Zhanshi was confident that there are criminals in his manor, but because he was not fond of either of the two Royal General, he quickly denied them entrance and tells to go back. However, as he finished his words, Zhanshi's see Royal General Deng's eyes widen and then smirk. As Zhanshi wonders what he was so happy about, upon turning his head, he sees a dejected and still slightly shocked Lui standing by the bedroom entrance with both of his hands timidly and securely wrapped around his stomach.

The sight truly tugs on Zhanshi's heart string for some unknown reason and made him want to quickly wrap Lui in his arms and comfort him. But, just was Zhanshi turn his back to Royal General Deng and LongYi and begin to walk towards Lui, he senses someone dash towards Lui with ill intention.

Thus, in a split second, Zhanshi quickly caught the back of the dashing person's collar and flick him backward. The sight of the person zooming thru the air, crashing, and break a tree that was FAR across from Zhanshi's room, shocked everyone present, even Zhanshi.

So as all of the soldiers and Royal General Deng gape at the sight of Royal General LongYi's broken body, Zhanshi stares at his hand in confusion and thought to himself, 'huh?!... what happen. I did not even use that much strength, only enough to stop him. So why did he fall so far away. ...when...how did I become this strong?!'

As Zhanshi process that thought, Royal General Deng turns his attention away from LongYi's body back to Zhanshi and shout, "Lair. You are harboring the criminal." The loud shout quickly jolts Zhanshi from his thoughts, as Zhanshi give him a, 'what do you mean?!' look, Royal General Deng ignores his question and quickly orders a top-class solider to arrest Lui.

However, upon seeing what happen to Royal General LongYi when he went to arrest Lui before, the soldier did not dare to blatantly walked up and arrest Lui like what Royal General Deng had wanted. He instead, respectfully bows to Zhanshi and calmly explain, "General Zhanshi, have you heard the news regarding Royal General Yan An."

---

Zhanshi gives the high-class soldier a nod. In fact, that was the reason why he was summon yesterday. Someone had murder Royal General Yan An in his residence, according to the information that was gather, and since Yan An is a Royal General, the imperial council wanted to assign a special team to find the murderer to send a message that the imperial powers are not to be toyed with.

---

Upon seeing Zhanshi nod, the high-class soldier solemnly adds, "...A witness came forward. She was present during the execution of Royal General Yan An and knows who the murderer is." After saying that line, the solider stops, nervously looks up at Zhanshi's surprised look and then Lui and softly voice out in a timid voice, "...the ...um ...the witness stated that the person who killed Royal General Yan An is.... um...the man behind you."

Upon hearing the soldier's words, a small, disbelieving smirk pull on the corner of his lips because Zhanshi was confident that Lui is not a person who will go around killing people. But as Zhasnhi turn to Lui and jokingly asks, "Kitten, did you kill Royal General Yan An?", with his head down, his face still slightly ashen, and his hand still secure around his stomach, Lui calmly gives him a nod.

Surprised, Zhanshi drops his crossed arms and asks again, in disbelief, "you kill Royal General Yan An?!"

As Lui lifts his head and calmly nods, Deng coldly sneers from behind and the high-class solider cautiously voice out, "General Zhanshi... since he has confirmed it, please allow us to complete our tasks."