24

Xiao was thrilled when Lui agreed to teach her and wasted no time in preparing all the things that she needed to complete her plan. After getting permission from the head maid, Xiao was allowed to go outside and she ran straight to an herbal shop.

Upon seeing her, the old herbalist asks, "Young Miss, what can I do for you?" Xiao quickly replied, "I want your most lethal but hard to detect poison." The old man was quickly taken aback by what she ask for and tells her, "Miss, this is a herbal shop, we do not sell poison here. That is against the law."

However, growing up in the Entertainment/restaurant place, Xiao was well aware that many businesses would use clean fronts to hide what they truly sell and if you pester them longer enough and have the right price they will eventually sell you the product.

Thus, she continues to pesture the old man and even show him the amount that she was willing to pay. The old man however just kept telling her "no we do not sell those things here."

Seeing that maybe this shop was actually clean, as Xiao heads out, an older lady stops her outside and asks her in a whisper, "are you serious about it?"

Xiao gives her a nod and she quickly brought Xiao around the store to a back entrance and then down some steps to a darkish basement.

---------------------------------------------------

"Tell me, why type do you need?" The old lady asks in a hoarse, dry voice.

With this being Xiao's first time buying poison, she did not know what the old lady meant and asks her, "What do you mean?"

Turning around the old lady tells her, "Tsk...do you want the person to die slowly and painfully, die right way....to rot..etc...Tell me what you want stupid child."

Narrowing her eyes and biting back her tongue from throwing an insult back at the fat old lady, Xiao tells her, "I need something that will 100% kill the person without fail. And I want it to be quick but not cause the person to drop right away. I don't want to be suspected either so it can't have a smell or color."

After thinking about everything that Xiao wanted, the old lady pulled out a small clear glass tube and offers it up to Xiao.

As Xiao looks at the tube, she noticed that it looks just like water and even question if she was being ripped off, but the lady promised her that it was a lethal poison and just three drops will kill even the Emperor, who is known for being strong. She even told her to try it on an animal. If the animal does not die within two hours then the lady will give her back triple her amount. Nodding, Xiao pays her the fee and tucks the poison safely into her bag and then heads back to the palace.

---------------------------------------------------

Like the lady had suggested. Xiao feed half a drop of the poison to a chicken and within an hour, she saw that the chicken was becoming weak and drowsy and by the second hour the chicken was dead.

Upon seeing that the poison does work, Xiao could not wait till the week ended.

---------------------------------------------------

Eventually, the day that Xiao was waiting for finally came and as she eagerly waits in the empty kitchen for Lui, her left hand is gently tapping on her pocket.

---------------------------------------------------

After a few minutes, Lui arrived as promised. Lui began by showing Xiao all the ingredients that she needed and then after splitting up all the ingredients, he began teaching her how to cook the dish. Overall, Xiao pay closed attention to everything that Lui taught her and followed along with him in detail. Even Lui was impressed by how focused Xiao was.

---------------------------------------------------

When the final dishes were ready to be plated, as Lui turns to plate his dish, after checking that Lui indeed was not looking, Xiao quickly empties the whole container into the small bowl. At first she thought that maybe, she should only used half but after careful consideration she figure that to be safe, she should use all of it and so she did.

With a bright, cheerful smile on her face, Xiao made sure to thoroughly stir the dish then turns towards Lui and asks, "What do you think?"

As Lui looks at her dish, he thought that she did a pretty good job and told her so. But upon hearing his praise, Xiao gave him a shy smile and tells him, "really...if you don't mind..would you taste it and see if it taste like yours."

Lui had no problem with it and he was sure that it'll taste fine, so he scoops up a spoonful and ate it. However, contrary to what he thought, the dish tasted bitter for some reason. However, since he did not want to hurt her feels, Lui gives her a polite smile and tells her, "I think it taste good for your first try."

Upon hearing his words, Xiao beams a cute child like smile at Lui and offers him the whole dish. Not wanting to hurt her feeling because she was just a child, Lui finished the whole bowl and smiles back at her.

A/N: I did say my idea of a happy ending may be different from yours.