Control

"there you guys are!" Stella jumps at me. "we just saw Bloom storming off and Musa following her, whats happened?" waving her off i make up a lie.

"nothing, well nothing that i know of" looking over her shoulder i see Sky looking after the direction i bet bloom went off in. "i'll just go make sure she's okay" walking to the familiar beach path i wait in the door and look out.

to the side on the wooden bench Bloom is sitting with her back to me, Musa next to her. he back is shaking and sobs rack her frame. not wanting to intrude i say here and listen in.

"everything he said... i can't help but have doubt now that its all out." she whispers, hoarsely.

"Bloom, only you know how you feel. dark magic or not, only you can say how you feel. the magic can't change that. love is light magic not dark" smiling to my self i watch intensely.

"we spent nearly four months with them. we've formed relationships with them that we can't destroy. and... i just like him so much!" she sobs and Musa places a hand on her back.

"yeah, you feel like whenever your away from him a part of you is missing. you yearn for their warmth when their gone" by the tone of Musa's voice i know she feels the same way about Duman.

leaning back i rock, before turning away and stalking back into the bar, head down and thinking. Love is light magic, so what happens when we take the light magic away from them. what happens if we get our light magic back and they get their dark magic back? what then? will they still feel the same way?

deep in thought i walk up to Aisha and the gang.

"is everything alright?" Tecna worried.

"yeah, she's just had to much to drink that's all" waving them off i stand next to Aisha.

"how she doing?" she whispers to me as everyone separates.

"not so good" keeping my voice low i glance back at the wash room where the boys probably still are.

"that's not good" pulling me aside to speak in privet we huddle in a corner. "with out her pendant she has nothing to control her magic with and with her emotions like this" the worry and stress in her voice is loud.

"all it takes is one little push to let the magic spiral out of control, one thought. She's going to loose control there no doubt about that it's just a matter of when and if we can control it."

"shes not the only one, any of us can loose control at any time, even you with your bracelet could still loose control."

looking into her eyes i see the red tinge and know the battle behind them, the fight to stay in control.

"this is just what he wanted, for us to loose control. he knows if we loose control we will have no choice but to go back and work for him." of course he's found a loophole. 

"well unless we find a way to get the dark magic out or find another kind of focus we're doomed." rubbing her face she growls in annoyance.

"we'll think of something but for now we need to calm and control bloom down." just as i say that Bloom and Musa walk back into the bar. "lets go"

"Bloom are you okay?" turning to me i stiffle a gasp at her blood red eyes.

"fine, why do you ask?"

"hold this" Aisha passes her the black box but bloom's eyes don't change.

"sorry but that  won't work" rolling her eyes she passes it to Musa who lets out a breath of air as she calms herself down.

"we need something stronger then this" She looks over at Bloom worried.

"where are we going to get something like this?" fiddling with my bracelet an idea pops into my head.

"what if we went back to the cottage that we went on for our first mission and see if they've got anything?" Musa's eyes snap up to me.

"yes, yes go there and find something. we can't hold control for long" grabbing blooms arms we lead her back to the group.

"go tomorrow" Aisha whispers to me as we approach the rest of the group. nodding i finger my bracelet and push down the bubble of blackness in my stomach.

"bloom do you feel alright?" Sky worries and beside me i feel Aisha tense up, just as my breath catches. Bloom looks Sky up and down with a disappointed look on her face.

"fine" the tone of her voice is mean, causing sky to frown at her.

"shes just had a lot to drink that's all." Musa steps in between the two of them and slings a arm over her shoulders.

"yeah, been needing the courage to do this" stepping out from under Musa's arm she moves out and faces sky. gulping i share a look of worry with Musa, this is not going to end well. "sky i'm breaking up with you." everything freezes, and it's like the room is holding their breath.

"d-don't say that, its the alcohol talking. you don't really mean it." his voice shakes, denying it but Bloom stands there strong.

"no its not, i have been meaning to do this for a while now and the 'alcohol' has just given me a boost." defining the Alcohol part a part of me relaxes knowing that she's not going to be giving away our secret today. "you know what its not even the alcohol, this is just me standing up for what i want." sky's face shifts into one of horror, realizing that she is not joking around.

"Bloom, i- i-" his voice cracks and tears begin to rise in his eyes. "i'm sorry, what did i do? i'll make it up to you!" pleading he runs a hand through his hair and wipes a hand over his eyes.

"it's not you there's just another guy, whom mind you i'm not even sure we're on goods terms, but yeah" he breaks at the words. Stepping forwards Aisha places a warning hand on Bloom shoulder.

"Why? how?" tears spill over and roll down his cheeks. Bloom opens her mouth again but before she can say anything Aisha pulls her back and away, leading her away from the group and towards the door.  

"we'll meet you back at the house. and Sky? i'm so sorry and i understand if you don't want to come back tonight." reaching out i go to put a reassuring on his shoulder but pull back and instead just give a soft, sad smile. the rest of the girls follow me out.