Tragedy Compounded

On the second page of the bard's notes:

"Do you highlight the case of greatness fallen?

A being found wanting after a career and a calling."

The mages restored the broken glass window in the Royal Hall

The mages restored the broken glass window in the Royal Hall. They filled the few magic storage spheres being left at the castle, and left recommendations for a court mage. While on castle grounds, the mages were cautiously optimistic. As they travelled, they discussed Sprites, universal delivery events, and the unusual fast process of the final spells. They made haste to leave and made a gate to leave the seven kingdoms.

On forest floor, the large object has been unwrapping. For many hours, the wrapping lifts up a finger tip length and the end of it burns down like a lantern wick. A common spell, meant to hold things together during magic spell blending, which would dissipate quickly.

The magic of the spell flows back into the large object (that is not what usually happens).

By the end of darkest night, it was almost unwrapped. A towering creature comes near and sniffs. This was a thing, a particular thing; this creature had planned to get it. Here it was. The wolf-like giant man walked up delighted, but then sniffed again.

There is no doubt, what had happened and who was involved. Were-senses are not fooled.

This was a second tragedy, and compounding of deep sorrows. His were-form began to fade and backing away he bumps into a tree trunk. Falling back onto a trunk; his mental state restoring but also overwhelmed with shock and despair ('my fault').

He stood to head back. Were-form dissipation is often painful and often weakening; this was worse. His heart beating. His head throbbing. He noticed that one arm no longer reaches for tree branches, and one leg is increasingly shaky and wobbly.

With the rising of the sun, he entered the clearing and saw that majestic building. One step forward and he fell hard. He rolled over to look once again. Men came running. He had gotten out, again. As he died there, the men had expressions of reverence and sympathy.

  As he died there, the men had expressions of reverence and sympathy