A Private Fitting For Royalty

The requests for the original style two piece sleepwear had tapered

The requests for the original style two piece sleepwear had tapered. Requests for royal purple ribbon versions was solid. The supply of that color appeared to be already in stock.

There appeared to be a pattern of unexpected rejections. Pajamas sold with the ribbon in the color royal purple were being returned.

After the third try, the King offered to host the customers for a fitting.

Two Princesses of the Ursua Kingdom arrived that day. Tall and wide, they resembled bear cubs. Wearing formal dresses, they appeared uncomfortable. Each of them had dark brown bushy hair that did not reach the shoulders.

Still just children, but larger. A thing obvious since the royal family of Ursua were well-known were-bears.

The private fitting went well. However, the supply of royal purple ribbon was not enough. If the supply had all been uncut, it would have been enough. Someone had cut the ribbon to predicted lengths.

The Queen offered a solution. Princesses of Ursua would stay the night. Green ribbon (for those that watch of her sleep) would not be suitable. Blue ribbon might be a good choice. They would raise flags of blue when nearby kingdoms came to the aid of other kingdom. A color to show that troops in battle are friendly to the defense.

The regal room was a novelty to the Princesses of Ursua. They had warned them how other castles contain delicate things.

The Princesses have eaten good meals before coming, so they could sample the small meals at the royal table just for taste.

Eventually, Princess Yva and two Princesses of Ursua head to bed. The Queen and Emme stop by and pass the word. Time to sleep.

Princess Yva senses a forced smile on Emme. Still suffering from the bad dream?

The two Princesses have quick whisper. That way the pajamas fit Emme (who is 'ample' at the chest) it was a thing they had not understood about the side ribbon of the pajamas. Emme is more like their mother the Queen (their 'Mawr').

The lights go out, and the Princesses go to sleep.

Late in the night, the two Ursua Princesses open their eyes. They sniff the air around Princess Yva. They give each other knowing looks. That very thing their 'Mawr' had told them to sniff out. It was there, just as she had predicted.

  It was there, just as she had predicted