Help And Understanding

In the morning at the Castle of the Central Kingdom, staff has been offering food and care.

The house of Annovae and Violet move back to the smaller room where 'Good Fellow' had been left. The room just across the hall. A room of stone with modest furnishings (rugs and soft couches). The magic lighting is bright enough to remove gloominess.

Violet is carried by the Yva's father, and her sleep is undisturbed. Yva's mother suggests to the health aide to send another health aide back here and get rest 'You probably did not get much sleep yourself'.

Food is set up on a portable table. The King and Queen of Annovae eat lightly, the others do not.

Violet sleeps wrapped in blankets. Yva sits by her. 'Good Fellow' stands. Occasionally, castle staff check-in to see if anything is needed.

Violet wakes up when a staff maid enters. Violet would like some clothes, in black.

They bring in a standing curtain. Castle maids aid Violet, but Yva and her mother need to take over. Violets wounds are difficult for the maids to see.

Violet gets a black dress ensemble with a veiled hat and lace gloves. It reduces the tense mood with castle staff to have Violet covered.

Violet feels better having mourning clothes 'Mother.. Sister.. gone years ago. As Emme, I had heard of it. It meant nothing to me. Not specifically. So many died that year.'

Yva and her mother move close together against Violet on the couch. Holding her hands. Yva sometimes peering in through the lace of the hat with a sympathetic smile. Violet has few bites of prepared food.

By about lunch time, the King of the Central Kingdom arrives and tells them of the plan to go to the Mage's Academy. Yva's father and the king discuss some things. Some items and people will go ahead of others. They will use a special transport magic gate.

Not too long later, they are escorted by staff with ceremonial pikes to a courtyard.

The King and Queen of the Central Kingdom go through first. A minute passes and then Violet is signaled to go through. A minute passes and then Yva, her mother, her father, and the man now known as 'Good Fellow' pass through.

They arrive in a larger courtyard with a bustling collection of people walking along building walkways. The sky is just a bit different. The distance moved not too far (about two days travel by carriage). Enough of a distance that the clouds are not the same.

Guards of the Mage's Academy are a bit different in that both men and women may be paired as guards, two women or two men. Four pairs of guards escort everyone except Violet inside.

They leave Violet with a Mage of rank and age (a long beard of white).

"Lady Violet. Please tell me everything you remember. Things you might have left out of your statements in Seven Kingdoms.

Given the kind of spell, I know exactly the Mages that created the protection suit for you. For you to have been in it for so long, is a failing.

Those mages are beyond my reach in authority. Requests by the Seven Kingdoms to collect them are not possible.

They are world traveling to extend their skills and education. Still, I do have the ability to see and locate them. It is valuable for them to see the consequences of their actions.

If I sent you to them, you might need to travel with them around the world for quite a while. To give them time to make right the effects of the spell."

Violet shudders a little and says 'I told all I knew. Mages I never saw before, then I became Emme. Not even knowing my own family when they died.'

The elder Mage understands. Such a spell would only have been presented to someone who would have been willing to travel. A disguise to get away. Today, the same woman is held back by grief and guilt.

The deaths of her family weight on her. She would not willingly choose a thing like that. A thing she does actually want to do. A thing that might be for the best.

  A thing that might be for the best