Crumbs Everywhere

The last page of the bard's notes:

"Maybe you start with the gathering journey?

What price shall the uninvolved pay."

Emme is a well-known person in town

Emme is a well-known person in town. She has a unique appearance, especially the face. Reminding you of a sister, cousin, or aunt. A welcome person to see, but also easy to leave behind should something important come up.

A magic curse diagnostician (not a mage), not able to draw from ley lines and having to use stored magic, or tools. She has been told not to cast spells beyond her touch, magic bends in unusual ways when she tries to cast spells.

Her main work is personally fulfilling. She assists werebeings that are having troubles.

Collecting test papers (similar to litmus), bottling air samples for later titration, and she has a unique skill. Distracting werebeings during transition, in her unique way. Part flirtation, part fake rage, and emotive reason; assisting werebeings in the midst of persona loss to break free.

Never has a claw landed on her, never. She has felt fur brush past, but luck has always been on her side. She accounts much of this luck to an evasive wiggle (in the nick of time).

It is late in the night, Emme has been successful in another session. Her clothes have not had any luck. Most are completely shredded. Often walking down the street with a cloak to cover the well ruined attire.

The town guards know well how Emme's work sometimes requires the cloak. Many times she can hear them chortle, when they are paces away. For Emme, it is nice that the guard notice her feminine charms.

Tonight, she is walking a good pace to return home. One town guard approaches with vigor. He looks straight at her for a while.

He was going to put a stop to this. It was time for guardsman's justice. He tells her to come with him.

Taken sternly by her cloak at the shoulder, Emme fully complies. Something seemed off with this guardsman. They both walk into the royal curse center, and straight to the back where she is placed in cell (and locked in).

The guard stares, and says 'This is what happens when you roam the streets poorly covered'.

The lone staff member walks in and asks "whats up", looking back and forth at Emme to get a clue.

Princess is in this cell, and says quietly "You are safe, do not worry".

The staff member hears a noise, and leaves. Following a thud, that both Emme and Princess hear; the guardsman goes into a standing shock from a hidden blow to the head and falls to the floor. The key is retrieved apparently floating, but soon appears a rogue has been hiding in magic cloak. 

Both Emme and Princess look in surprise

Both Emme and Princess look in surprise. Princess has walked over to Emme without conscious motive, which reminds her of that day in woods when her feet took their own path.

The rogue says: "You big guy, I am taking you out of here and away forever. Come on move, time is wasting."

Princess has no control of her feet right now. Emme sees a disaster in the making, this rogue will not suffer any denial of his plans. We two could die here. "Big Guy" has a sword, but in this small space this Rogue would be likely to have the advantage.

She quickly chooses a gambit: "Sir, you see that I am locked in here, please let me pay you to take me away also. I have gold hidden outside the walls. Take me there, and you can have that gold in payment for freeing me. Let me be your customer, in addition to your plan to take Big Guy away."

With a nod, the rogue leaves, Emme follows and Princess follows Emme. Emme uses hand gestures with Princess when she senses any pause from the rogue. 

They quickly slip the town walls and go well out of frequented areas into the dark woods

They quickly slip the town walls and go well out of frequented areas into the dark woods. On a cloudless warm night. Emme takes the lead for a while.

Moving a common looking rock, Emme locates her buried box of safety cash and opens it.

Showing the bag of gold to the rogue, things are turning out well. No life needs to be lost today.

Rogue has the magic cloak, and minimal clothes. A very small leather chest strap holds a small metal plate over his heart. It protects from critical wounds which lead to quick death. His body has many scars that from many battles. He is dressed in manner that allows him the squeeze through tight spaces.

The rogue takes the bag, and says to Princess "Come this way, now."

Princess is once again not in control of her feet, and says "Well, I can't move my feet. I am not in.."

The rogue slashes "big guy" with a razor sharp knife. He knows right away, something was wrong. He knows this is not the feel of a blade against flesh. Every instinct of a lifetime tells him to get back.

A large white light glow flashes around Princess, and a 'ZOT' hits rogue sending him flying twenty feet away.

Emme has gotten good view of things, the magic effect on "big guy", and the spell cast onto rogue. This is very advanced powerful magic.

Shortly rogue stands, says "I am cursed, I cannot bring further the danger here".

Rogue runs, into deepest dark forest, and after a while starts shouting "Here I am. Right here."

Princess begins to recover from the magic. Hearing the shouting, the head turns. Emme has never seen an expression like the one that is forming. It is an extremely pouty frown on a masculine face.

Quite quickly, "Big Guy" sprints into the dark forest.

Emme says "Cracker crumbs!".

Any time you try to put crackers in a soup, the crumbs fly everywhere. It is a mess.

She grabs the bag of gold and heads into the dark forest.

"Just cracker crumbs!".

Things were not going be smooth today.