Aftermath

The Queen of the Central Kingdom sits next to her King. She keeps her eyes closed. She had not seen the event, but heard them clearly.

The King was certain. That Sprite had become agitated after being denied. Face contorting and hands fidgeting. He had failed Lady Violet.

Only in protecting his wife was there any cause for relief.

He opens his eyes again to see the mages around Lady Violet's collapsed lifeless body.

He gestures to them and the three mages cover her with cloaks. Mages, the cloaks, and Violet vanish away.

The mage with the long white beard walks over.

The King whispers to the Queen 'it's all right now, to open your eyes.'

The mage magically creates a soft white fabric sphere and sits on it before the King and Queen of the Central Kingdom.

" I will explain, since some things that are not well known. Today, Lady Violet became a 'walker in light'. A thing quite different from death or magical spells.

Here when she departed her body, there was no magic energy involved. I would suggest that nearly everything said to her was a test of her nature. Unknown to us, but fully demonstrated just now.

Violet is possibly the youngest example I have ever heard of. Usually, it happens after someone is thousands of years old.

The Fae achieve that state regularly and bestow equality to those of other races that achieve it.

I recommend we keep her body here. We have a place for the abandoned forms of those that have left the flesh behind. An area of stability or stasis.

Lady Violet's weak body is at death's ledge, but that is not always the case when flesh is left behind. In magical stasis, it will remain (should Violet want to return to it).

We will hold a public commemoration ceremony as soon as you wish."

With grim nodding, the mage dispels the soft seat and leaves.

In a few minutes, the King of the Central Kingdom walks over to the Annovae family.

His heart melts completely at a seven-year-old Princess Yva wrapped around (except the face) with magic tape. So much like his son at that age.

"Everything I said at Castle Annovae, not one of them did I do. I see the price you paid to protect her. I imagine any would have done so. Please ignore any previous threat of action."

The King and Queen of Annovae smile back and resume the tender gazes at each other and Yva.

Sitting back down with his Queen away from the Annovae, the Queen of the Central Kingdom cuddles closely (leaving nearly no space).

She thinks "He is greatly hurt by the loss of his kinswoman. When it came down to it, protecting me was his greatest concern. I am what he esteems most in the world."

"