Things Of Value, The Burden Of Obligation To All

The Kings starts his secret and discreet rounds of morning heavy lifting (firewood, barrels, and heavy things the older Castle staff finds difficult).

He hears a carriage far down the road, and so rushes to change into regal clothes (expecting Princess Yva).

When it arrives, a formal elder gentleman asks to discuss a business matter. The King leads the man up to the library.

The man unwraps picture frames. Two frames containing the front view and back view of the ribbon pajama adverts.

'These came from your grandfather.

Offered to us as display pieces of royal illustration craft. These two have changed hands several times. It is fancied that gentlemen who write romantic letters to someone far away, is lucky in that writing (when displayed in view by their writing desk).

The rumor is that they are magical, or perhaps better than magic.

I hear illustrations like these are being circulated. Are those copies?'

The gentleman and King go downstairs where the sewing and packaging is being done.

The gentleman recognizes the box 'Ohh yes. I remember this box. These are the original print run. I would like to make a sizeable offer for the entire remaining prints and box. I came prepared with a sum of 5000 gold.

The King says they should go upstairs to another room. In the room where the box of adverts had sat for many years, the King takes down a book.

An original research project by his grandfather, which discusses the impacts of flash speculation in small populations.

These adverts have a high value to a select group. The appearance of more originals could create a temporary price surge. In the book is a graph which predicts when it is safe to introduce a limited supply into a high demand economy.

The King says: "I would take your offer of 5000 gold to likely mean you value the items at 10,000 gold in a peak. Speculation is detrimental overall in a population like the seven kingdoms.

This chart shows profit/greed moves should not exceed 7000 gold. I suggest that you get the remaining adverts, but with a condition of controlled release.

Reinforced by Royal Command. You would be obligated to keep under financial stress point. We do not want to see citizens burying their gold in hidden places around the kingdoms."

The gentleman looks earnestly 'I remember your grandfather showing me these years ago. So, when managed the supply (at a cost in oversight) I could say my offer should be 3000 gold. According to the table.'

They shake hands.

Outside at the carriage, the driver is ordered to produce 3000 gold. The carriage seat is unlocked. They hand a bag of 1000 gold down one at a time. Each bag is a struggle for the two them.

When done, the King holds all three bags with one hand (held up like holding a mug). The King asks the gentleman for one quick other matter. They go to see the staff. The King asks them to recall where adverts were sent.

The gentleman writes quickly everything they remember. Making inquiries to buy the adverts sent with pajamas would push up value and be nice additions to his collection of never used flyers.

The gentleman returns to his carriage and places the adverts and the box into a soft protective bag. He will be in for a good return.

He can also report to the royal court of central kingdom (about something they 'requested' to know). The Annovae kingdom is not trying to profiteer.

The gentleman will probably keep one thing to himself (one thing). That room where the adverts sat for so many years. There were many other boxes of things still there (things of every variety which he recalls being shown by that earlier King).

The King at once moves to settle debts. He sends more than 1800 gold in payment using the merchant door. Several royal letters are prepared and signed. Thanking those involved for the long delay during an 'unexpectedly long' period of asset inventory and accounts review.

The kingdom is no longer broke. He settles some remaining gold to an elder staff woman for household and food supply management.

He also determines the amount to repay Emme's bag of gold. Eliminating the kingdom's debt (the debt in gold, anyway).

He recalls the events Emme described during the ordeal. Emme went to a box buried with her gold. That is a little worrying. Citizens should feel safe and not live fearing they should always have escape money or crisis money.

  Citizens should feel safe and not live fearing they should always have escape money or crisis money