For The Benefit Of All Kingdoms

Two days after the ceremony for Lady Violet, the King of the Central Kingdom rides towards Castle Annovae. It is a clear and warm day for a ride in an open carriage.

The King has had a good view of the rock-wall mountain range.

Now that Lady Violet has been sent some place off of this plane, his feeling of guilt are harder to quantify.

He also is regretting his earlier opinion of his uncle. His plans to seek and collect the noble and kind, it was not just insanity. It could have eased Violet's racing heart beats.

He wears a blue kerchief and a pin with blue (the color of a supporting kingdom). He is sure that he will wear blue in Kingdom Annovae for many years.

When the carriage arrives at Castle Annovae, the King of Annovae is standing outside to greet him. They walk away from the door and stroll along the carriage path.

The Queen of Annovae might not be in the mood to receive this particular guest.

King of the Central Kingdom: "There are many important apologies for me to make. I was fighting a strong magic obscuring spell. I was not in a clear frame of mind when I said that this kingdom was a weak point.

For the entire history of the seven kingdoms, the Annovae Kingdom has always provided supporting defense by the incredible fighting talents of the royal family.

In the ten years your daughter was missing, there were no distributions towards this kingdom.

There were advances made by Kingdom Annovae that were never accounted to your credit.

Your father's magic detection tools. The layered protection spells were tested here too.

What form of payment would you like Kingdom Annovae to receive? "

The King of the Central Kingdom expects it will be a transfer of gold out of the joint kingdom stores.

King of Annovae: "You aptly noticed that this Kingdom appears undefended.

I think it would be good to have men at arms here in Annovae. Supplied by the other Kingdoms and billeted at the expense of those kingdoms.

I want men at arms near the age of retirement. They are able to see trouble far off by watching how small bird flocks move. They can tell the difference between morning haze and the smoke of a closely controlled camp fire.

If it was young men, they would become quickly bored. When they returned to their kingdoms, they would tell people how miserable this side of the kingdom is.

Most of the young people left for work in other kingdoms.

There are mostly older women left here at the castle. It would mean they might give a better opinion of this Kingdom. I think older men at arms might even be tempted to stay here after retirement. "

King of the Central Kingdom: "Your father once told me to encourage you if you ever struggled, but you have everything under control. "

 "