That 'Not Cursed' Feeling

Emme considers the current state of affairs. A young girl was cursed, and today has her body back. A rogue for hire inhabits the body of a huge warrior, but claims 'death will be his just reward'.

The immaterial clothing and tiara are gone leaving a sexually neutral naked warrior with a magic sword in an immaterial shoulder hilt.

She takes the girl aside, and tells her to be quite courteous to the man, and be aware of mood changes. Any restoration to his previous world view, while in that form, might be risky.

Before heading off, she tells them to look for her along a specific part of the road. Without clothes, they should avoid strangers.

Emme takes the gold, arranges her shredded clothing, holds the gold under her cloak, and heads to the nearest fortified town along the road. She is allowed in but gets a whispered caution 'Not to be seen on the streets after dark'.

Dirty, disheveled, and looking perhaps pregnant due the bag of gold under the cloak; she is getting looks, but quickly sees just the things she hoped for. Town guardsmen. 

She approaches and makes a confident plea 'Honorable guardsman

She approaches and makes a confident plea 'Honorable guardsman. I have had tribulations last night, and my appearance is causing some attention. Would you be so kind as to escort me? I need to find a place to purchase suitable clothing.'

The lead guardsman is graciously willing and escorts her. He will consider 'possible charges' as the matter unfolds.

They go into a clothing shop. The owner looks startled, and she eyes the guardsman.

Emme lifts the bag of gold to the counter and says "I came into distress last night. I need suitable travel clothes for my companions. One is a young woman of just less than your build but not as tall. The other is quite a large man."

The bag of gold is inspected, and the owner asks what station of attire they wanted.

Emme: "Nothing formal. I am a magic practitioner with a focus on curses. The girl would want modest attire with a good cloak. The man would want a guardian's attire. Basics and a very large cloak that has sword reach from the shoulder."

The owner offers Emme a wash bowl. After washing, the guardsman looks over the bowl. No scents of prohibited magics or drinks. He gives a glance to the owner who asks Emme about her night.

As Emme puts on some clothes offered, she relates 'I came into contact with a cursed person by chance, we were heading away from the central kingdom. The curse flared and we have few suitable clothes right now. Some clothes were also cursed by other means. A dark forest giant spider was killed and got goo over some things. Some part of the curse has been lifted. Just too much is unanswered.'

Once clothed herself, Emme inspects the clothes selected for the others, and asks to see some good traveling shoes.

Selections made, the store owner and the guardsman look at the gold and the owner pulls out some of them.

The guardsman nods. It is not too outrageous a price (for new clothes with good shoes). The guardsman offers to escort Emme to her companions. He is still not sure whether charges are not in order.

Emme and the guardsman make good time down the road, and the guardsman says: " I might have to consider a charge of naked frolicking

Emme and the guardsman make good time down the road, and the guardsman says: " I might have to consider a charge of naked frolicking."

Emme replies: "There is a lovely view along the way, please be sure to walk with me that far."

As she passes the place, where the other two are to meet, Emme leaves the bag of clothes. She holds the arm of the guardsman to walk a little further down the path. As Emme remarks of the natural beauty of simple stretch of path, the clothes are snatched and quickly put on.

Emme leads the guardsman back to find the girl and 'Big Guy' suitably clothed.

Looking at 'Big Guy' the guardsman says: "I see your curse is fading or lifted."

He is startled by the young girl's reply 'Thank You, Guardsman Smythe. Your kind demeanor ten years ago was a happy rarity.'

Guardsman: "Oh. Well. There was no cause for those under me to be cruel or mocking. You really were a lass after all. There are others that will be paying off some bets."

The young girl shakes slightly.

Emme gives the guardsman an instinctive scowl. He recovers and says that no charges appear to be pending.

The guardsman suggests that they would be the talk of the town overnight.

Emme wants to find more information on the curse, and the guardsman thinks about it. Really just guessing, he says they might go north. As far as the mage's academy if necessary.

That path will lead back to through the town.

The guardsman escorts them to the far gate in the town, sometimes having a short conversation with other guards as the four walk through the town.

Before mid-day; the three are on the north side the town on a well known road. Some gold left. Some little food purchased. They have respectable travel clothes and a separate bag containing the cursed clothes of the rogue.

Emme feels particularly "not cursed" at the moment.