Technical Defenses Against Magical Deceptions

The trip to the castle of the Central Kingdom takes place with no words.

After a short while, Yva changes to the other side to be next to Emme. Emme looks incredibly downcast, but she is purposely not raising her eyes in royal company.

Having Yva close helps, but Emme has a sinking feeling of complete devastation.

Emme's plans to make a better life for Yva will be discarded. Cast away by men that do not truly comprehend.

The King of the Central Kingdom thinks that Yva is hardly allowing any space between her and Emme. Much like caring little sisters would do.

He has been trying to concentrate. It has been more trouble than he expected (counting the people in the carriage). Is it five or is it six? The man (that man with us) seems all too often to defy recalling.

When the carriage arrives, a group of six men with pikes (held ceremonially vertical) takes all except the King of the Central Kingdom into the castle.

One of the carriage men comes down and talks to the king.

The King asks "How many got off?"

"Five, Milord."

King: "What was the reading?"

"Beyond the scale, Milord."

After a while, the King can recall all the five that had been in the carriage. Only the house of Annovae were clear in his understanding during the trip. The King tells the man 'Remove the magic card from my jacket.'

When the card is pulled out, the King is able to leave the carriage. He sends word to staff inside the castle "Be sure to use the old size gauging techniques. Something in that group is beyond the range of our magic detection devices. A value above sixty."

"