Unwanted Reverie

When the current King of the Central Kingdom arrived at Castle Annovae, he was steady minded and composed.

His demeanor changed when he saw the rock-wall mountain range.

It made him remember more of that tragic day and the days that followed.

He took the saddle and tackle off the pony and wrapped it in the saddle blanket.

In the first walled outpost, people stared at him. Royal mages arrived and took him to the castle (leaving the war horse in care at the village).

His father, the previous King, rebuked him for failing to keep up a royal appearance. Blood on the armor and the saddle blanket soaked in blood. The Kingdom would not stand lapses in positive decorum.

As King and Father he ordered that I stay in a recovery wing.

After I become King, I read the reports. They feared it might change personality (becoming a vindictive person).

I also read the other reports hidden from me at the time.

Lady Violet did not have sufficient life to endure magical healing. She had an upbringing protected and delicate. The chance of death had little to do with a mages skill. There was always a chance that a magic cure could reverse slightly. Lady Violet did not have enough resilience to suffer any of "life's blows".

Lady Violet also was now suffering from a racing heart with several risks. My uncle hearing the racing heart from anywhere. It surely must be driving him mad.

He sought to collect noble young women and girls are a cure to Lady Violet's racing heart. He was even talking about just doing it himself.

Can you imagine the insanity of it? "Hi. I recently savaged a kinswoman. I want to take your daughter away with me."

My father ordered some spells to be cast on Violet. Desperate moves (with terrible costs) to remove the link to my uncle and bring relief of terrible anguish suffered by Violet.

Lady Violet vanished not long afterwards.

The King let out a deep sigh and the cold breeze off the mountain turned it to a white puff of vapor.

"Lady Violet, I hope you have found a good life. Somewhere."

The internal reverie is broken when the King andQueen of Annovae open the castle door to welcome him.