Early Morning Rescue

The King got the full report from the scribes. He gave several matters some deep thought, and then he fell asleep in the chair.

The Queen of the Central Kingdom simply took it to mean he needed time alone.

When he woke up in the very early morning hours, he at once realized he had not settled matters with Violet and the Annovae family.

The first place to check is the room they had been in.

He finds Violet gray in color and laying with no blankets and pillows.

Finding the health aide in a "fear frozen" thrall, he has a strong urge to yell, but he himself had created the protocols on young staff found a thrall.

As he turns to get help, the opposite door opens. The Annovae family is there.

The King says 'Please help her if you can.'

They get to the door and Yva's parent stop to take in the scene. Violet looks to be suffering.

Yva alights across the room quickly, and comes to a sliding stop, kneeling before Violet. A hand to her shoulder and a hand on her head, Yva lifts Violet into a seated position.

Yva comes close (eye to eye) with Violet 'You look very beaten up, you look completely exhausted. I have never doubted you. I could always see how good you were."

Yva gives a look to the health aide, who then breaks out of the 'fear frozen' state. Yva has broken the thrall. She jumps up to get those things she should have been doing all along.

Three blankets, pillows, corked bottle of pure water, and a corked bottle of juice.

Quickly Violet is wrapped in blankets. Yva sits with her on one side. Her heartbeat returns to normal.

The King of the Central Kingdom arrives back quickly, but exasperated. He did not find the type of people with the right credentials for thralls.

Standing in the doorway, he sees that Violet has made a good recovery. That very suggestion his uncle made, it is true. A kind and noble person can be quite curative. It worked in the time it took to walk down the hall and back. He uncle had not been insane.

The King approaches Violet and kneels. Violet tries to speak, but the King says 'You must be exhausted. Save your voice. You do not want the orders of my father to be applied. Several orders that were given that were not applied. You were not given a magical healing because your health was at risk to magical reversal. They are deferred. They can be deferred more. I understand and I commit. You will not have treatments unless you want them.'

Violet smiles weaklyand heavy stream of tears fall down her face. She gets hugs from Yva and the Yva'smom. In a short time, Violet closes her eyes and slumps into sleep.