A Good Deed, And A Viral Trend Starts

The Queen leads in the girls and encourages everyone to drink water.

Older women of the castle take measurements for the pajamas the girls will get tonight. They do personal fittings.

They consult the Queen on the stock of ribbon in applicable colors. Not enough in the same color for every guest.

The Queen settles a plan and informs the Princess. Older girls that helped her walk after crying will get green ribbon and sleep with the Princess in the big bed in the most regal room. The others will get floor mattresses and orange ribbons. Princess Yva already has a royal purple ribbon set of pajamas so that does not reduce the ribbon supply.

Meals in the castle are modest, but in the presence of the King and Queen (who also have small portions); the mood is lively. These are not girls to have ever been in a royal hall.

Needless to say, the regal bedroom is quite impressive to them. Portraits of historical kings of prominence. Magic powered lighting. A fireplace in the room.

Yva talks about her favorite books and tells a few stories. Eventually, the Queen comes by and 'in a kind way' commands lights out and bedtime.

In the late hours, one the younger sisters wants her sister. The sister on the big bed, pats the sister on the head and whispers "Luv, I cannot. These are royals."

The little one pauses for a while, and then both sisters notice. Princess Yva is deathly still. Not breathing and no visible pulses in the neck.

After a long time, the Princess takes in a gulp of air and moves her hand up to her chest. A whimper and a long draw of air. The little one accepts a sisterly wave away. Before the sister on the bed goes to sleep, she hears the same pause from Princess another time.

In the morning, the girl excuses herself to use a more private comfort room. She asks to see the Queen and finds herself in the royal bedroom with the Queen.

A bit in of awe, she musters enough courage to tell her. The Princess is not sleeping well. Not breathing normally at night. She will keep it private, but felt she should tell the Queen.

The Queen hugs the girl and then inquires. 'How many sisters does she have?'

The girl is well happy to have had the nerve to tell the Queen. Personal praise at that level. She gets home with her younger sister, but is called for a private word with her mother.

"What did you do?"

She has only a confused reply.

"The Queen just sent a package of pajamas. Did you make any agreements or vows of service?"

Replying, she says: "I promised the Queen not to say too much, but I privately informed her about a condition, the way the Princess does not sleep well."

Mother: "Ohh. OK. Good. No obligations on you or our house."

They admire the nice pajamas and have the other girls try them. There is even a set of pajamas for the girl with yellow ribbon (even though she still has the green ribbon pajamas from the earlier night).

When her brother returns, the mother also talks privately with him.

The son is brief "Mostly common advice, like the kind we hear from approved clerics of the Kingdom!"

The mother happily sends him off and writes a letter. A member of the court administrators want to know what was being said at that castle.

When she leaves the house with the letter, the court administrator is at the street. The letter is handed over, and the mother gets a stack of silver. Visibly surprised, the official assures her "Just keep us informed. We trust your loyalty."

The woman adds "Well, we did get a gift of pajamas today."

The official leaves, musing how he will likely not discuss women's sleepwear in his report.

Other mothers, come to street and ask about the conversation they just saw.

She comes up with a plausible statement. She was sending a thank you note for pajamas to a royal personage. The Kingdom Court Administrator would see the letter moved in a regal manner.

The pajamas were shown over warm drinks and were the topic of discussion for quite a while. A very simple style. The fabric was quite fine, even regal. Stitching done by experienced women.

The next day, requests to buy the notable pajamas arrived at the castle.

The grandfather of the King had put away a large store of fabrics. Any transfer of stuff in stores into gold coin was very welcome.

  Any transfer of stuff in stores into gold coin was very welcome