A Plan, A Man With A New Name, And A Man With A New Job

Everything in my plan came together in just a few weeks.

My magic practice was moved to this castle. Many of my current and past patients (were-beings) were asked to form a social organization. A society meant to keep a watch on young men so only the best ones could be considered for marriages.

Princes Yva was the prime beneficent, but the organization was intended for every young woman.

My final appeal started with a gaze into the face of Prices Yva. Few would ever deny that she had an unquantifiable quality of a bright, limitless future. A young woman who could change lives as she changed my life.

I made my case for the target suitors. Good men who treat women well. Families that are not too wealthy or too powerful (where the demands of wealth and order drown out tender affections).

The toast of my appeal was enthusiastically cheered. There was not much food or drink, so the event ended quickly.

Rogue has been renamed by the King as "Good Fellow".

Good Fellow escorts the special guest we sent for. A gentleman which used to be a town guardsman. He once took Emme to a nearby cell one night and caused Emme to meet Yva.

The magic practice is on an upper floor of the castle. His room will a part of that locked space, a small cell close to a nearby a larger cell. He will have keys. Even paid to assist Emme in her practice of helping were-beings.

The man accepts with a smile.

'I honestly, really, do not know what got into me on that day. My mother died shortly afterward. She was the one that wanted me to be a town guardsman (like my father was). I had time off, but I resigned. It was just a job. They could make my life uncomfortable (if I refuse), but this is not so bad. A new skill. The cells here look solid enough to keep me safe. I will start right away. Let me inspect the cell bars mortar joints.'

When Good Fellow updates Emme, she remarks 'I half thought it might turn out this way. That day when he stared and scowled at me; I noticed that those facial expressions did not have matching facial lines. It was not an expression he uses.'

'