Changes to Patient Condition

On the fourth page of the bard's notes:

"Will anyone doubt the pain of absent memory?

What course do you take when therapy does not benefit any?"

Over nine years later, a royal practitioner of magic arts for the central (most powerful) kingdom of the seven kingdoms, enters the restoration & curse removal center

A place for healing. A place with sturdy, dungeon-style holding cells, for poor souls who might be a risk to others and themselves. The seven kingdoms region was welcoming to were-beings, but well aware that were-beings often can become confused. Sometimes, a confused were-being acts feral and can be immensely powerful. Good sturdy cells sometimes help keep good order.

He enters and checks the lists. Three cursed patients were showing the normal post-spell side effects. The only other patient, 'Princess', had been there for eight years. Longer than he had been in charge.

It was decent cell, being away from the larger ones. Usually unlocked, 'Princess' had the key to lock the cell (if she became afraid of other patients). He asked the caretaker if there was any change. The caretaker replied "No. 'PRINCESS' has no new symptoms. Just reads books and requests new books".

The mage was not fond of the tone used often with this patient, but it had been going since before he was given charge.

Cursed patients rarely survive this long, especially patients that eat & drink so little. Curses sustain the magic at the cost of lifespan. The stack of forms for 'Princess' was thicker than grasp in one hand. He checked the obvious indicators, and reviewed the diagnostic lists. The forms were up to date. He had personally, transferred the information over to updated forms, each time new forms were drafted.

He made his way to the bench across from the cell and sat with the form on his lap. Princess stayed in a section of the cell that was not in clear sight (where the bed and reading table were). She greeted the mage.

The mage asked "How is your reading going?"

"Well enough. I am not making progress on technical books, past certain chapters, even when I read them over and over. It has been years. I read other books often, including the ones on the recommended list. I feel many of those books are just retelling the same story, maybe just translated."

Mage: "Have you tried any of mental confessions that help in curse breaking"

Princess: "Yes, I have tried and tried. If you have any others, I will try those. Please, I would like to stop reading those books. I read books on magic as much as I can. I know the latest diagnostic tests have all been tried."

Mage: "There are many fiction books you enjoy reading more than once. Could you put into words why you favor those?"

Princess: "Yeah, I've given it some thought. The books on your list are stories about deceived people, and have an awakening with acceptance. The books I like are more positive, trials overcome with joy. So, one type of book would say that someone who wakes up and thinks today is a birthday and suffers disappointment; has joy of knowing the truth. Books I like talk about someone that does not know their birthday is today, and has surprising joys. The second kind of story is just easier to for me to like."

The mage thinks for while and flips through the stack forms. Has the condition of the patient changed in any way, any way at all? He discovers a note made by caretakers, two years ago. "Patient no longer cries in the night."

Mage: "You stopped crying at night a while back."

Princess: "You know I have keys to this door. I tried walking away many times. You know attempts cover my body results in magic flame that consumes the clothes. Always. Always when I try to leave; there would be strange accidents or confusion. Even one time chickens fell out of the sky. I cried at night. I woke up, realized where I was. Hopeless. I cried. Two years ago, I thought about the day I will see my parents again, and how I might not have tears for joy. I resolved to stop crying in sadness, so someday I can cry happy tears."

Princess leaves the hidden place in the cell and walks into view by the cell door

Princess leaves the hidden place in the cell and walks into view by the cell door. Over seven feet tall. A solid masculine muscular build. No hair at all (except a few on top of the head). The sword with magic immaterial scabbard, and magic immaterial clothing (two piece chain-mail bikini with short draped cloth hanging centrally both fore and back on the bikini bottom. On the head a small immaterial tiara.

The staff almost universally calls her, this poor soul, "PRINCESS".

The mage thanked her and left. As he walked out of building, he was sure that there was no cure to found here. He walked to a place he only infrequently visited and found an acquaintance sitting in the back. He wanted someone taken away from the seven kingdoms. A price was set, no harm to be caused, but the person will be removed and should not appear again in the seven kingdoms. He paid twice the agreed price, so his acquaintance would make sure the conditions were met. The mage was sure, whatever 'Princess' needed, it was going to be found somewhere far away.

  The mage was sure, whatever 'Princess' needed, it was going to be found somewhere far away