Some News Travels On Wings

The king sits in the King's Study. It is a room designed and decorated by his father and grandfather. Covered in plaques and paintings to commemorate various times in the kingdom. A heavy leaning towards their accomplishments.

He has made suggestions to the castle staff about changes in the decor. They talk about committees. Does the Queen wish to take part?

The previous Kings would have yelled in rage at delays (then privately worried among family about the state of staff morale). Cautioning us often that the Seven Kingdoms is only lightly knitted together.

I kept myself away from the questioning of Violet by the Royal Historian. You want to avoid implied bias during the questioning phase.

There were two scribes, so the written record will stay with the historian. The other copy can come directly to me (page by page).

Violet is the kind of confessor I like to hear from. Open and forthcoming. So many confessions show a wish to cast every action as innocent mistakes.

There are many things Violet did not need to mention at all.

It was sad to read that she discovered, just today, that her Mother and older sister died years ago. Taken by the same sudden sickness that killed my first wife and my current wife's husband. Deaths during a cold winter that took mostly those in stone buildings.

I must accept that Violet is acting like a bright eyed student fresh from a tutors lecture. She blames herself for everything and exonerates all others.

In laying out all of her life as 'Emme'; Violet has been holding nothing back. Those interludes with men was not directly what they asked her about. Kissing one of two brothers mistakenly is simply too much information.

I am interrupted by my new wife the Queen. She carries the latest sheet of Violets interview.

She says: "I know you are a kind person and King. I must ask for you to decide here and now. Upfront, before you make a proclamation that might need to change. Your kinswoman Violet has confessed to many things. Things your step-daughters must not shadowed by. Not at their young age. Surely, you must see...."

King of the Central Kingdom: "Yes. I understand. I remember my promises to you. I.I might need time alone. Here for while. Thank You. It was a reminder worth giving."

The Queen backs out of the room and speaks softly to her twin daughters 'Look there at your step father (the king). He has proved his love to me and you today. Look at his countenance. This was not a small matter to him, and he gave preference to you two.'

When she and the twins get away from the King's study, the Queen explains they will not allow that Lady Violet back in royal residences. It will be a necessary step in finding you two the best husbands.

The kinswoman made some bad choices.

I made a better choice in marrying this King, who loves us enough to make sure you will enjoy good prospects.