Chapter 4

Now, you think I'd be too terrified to sleep, too terrified to even close my eyes. Well, that wasn't the case at all. That must of been the best sleep I've had in years.

Right after Greyson left the room last night I laid my head on the pillow and I was out within two seconds. I never woke up, I didn't even dream. It just felt like a long, deep,  slumber.

Sitting up with a stretch, I decide to test out my legs to see if they actually decide they want to work today.

Slowly I set my feet on the cold wood applying weight onto them. Alright good so far, let's try to make a step.

So slowly I take a step, then another, and another until I make it to the door. I did it, I think triumphantly. Which now that I think about it, it's really not that big of a deal. I seriously took four steps. Oh well, I couldn't walk yesterday so this is an improvement.

Alright, Greyson said that he'd be downstairs in the kitchen. At this moment he's the only one I know, the only one I can be around without fearing for my life.

I just need to find a way to get out of here.

As soon as I get a chance I'm leaving, never looking back, and accepting my life with my step father. At least his beatings were predictable where I could prepare for them. But here, I don't know what's going to happen to me. I'm living in the unknown.

As I walk out of the room a beautiful aroma of breakfast wafts up my nose. I sigh at the smell walking down the stairs. I let my nose guide me through the massive house.

Modern decor decorates the whole place. Dark wood flooring scatters the hallways as well as light grey walls. Windows cover walls from floor to ceiling giving the great view of the mystical forest surrounding the house.

Before I know it I've made it to the entryway of the massive kitchen.

I step in taking in a big breath of pancakes, closing my eyes in delight. A smile graces my lips, my stomach growling involuntarily.

I open my eyes with my thoughts only to be met with three men, excluding Greyson who's nowhere in sight.

Suddenly I feel self conscious in my baggy white t-shirt and too long grey sweatpants that go past my feet.

I should've stayed upstairs where it's predictable, and as safe as I could be.

Two of the men are foreign to me.

But then there's the one who I've grown to hate. I think his name was Jared.

I notice a newly formed bruise forming over his eye, and a little gash on his lip. When did that happen?

Apart from him are two other guys. One of them has dark brown hair messily styled with shaved sides. I also notice one of his eyes is a light chestnut color and the other is a piercing icy blue.

The other has dark blonde hair swooped to one side of his forehead. He has dark brown eyes paired with black rimmed glasses, once again damn.

Not to mention both of them are built and muscular.

I didn't even notice me staring at them with wide eyes until blondie clears his throat, making me look down quickly. Nerves starts tingling up my body, my heart picking up in speed. "Are you this week's girl?" His voice smugly speaks up. I look up quickly noticing that blondie was still the one that said it.

What the hell does he mean by 'this week's girl?'

All of them smirk devilishly at me while I just look confused at all three of them. What are they implying? What are they thinking?