Chapter 49

Koda's POV~

Crossing my arms I lean against the wall while Greyson flips through papers on his desk.

We're traveling to Bahee's territory in a couple of days, and I'm not exactly happy about it. I mean, Silas had to calm me down when he told me the reason he couldn't speak.

I just want to keep him here, and away from Bahee.

But he was forced to go back, as soon as he came.

I haven't seen him since the day after the Harvest Festival. That was five days ago.

Let's just say I'm in a constant state of irritability. I can't think of anything, but him.

So now Grey and I need to go over there to make Silas apart of our pack, and to make sure they don't attack Eli's pack while we're at it.

Chewing on my lip I watch Grey carefully as his eyebrows scrunch together, releasing a sigh.

He's been reviewing the documents over pack transitioning. Our rules are simple: pick a pack to reside in, and the foreign mate becomes a member.

That's how it should be every where.

The Lunar Pack obviously thought differently.

We have to trade something in return of taking a member. We just don't know what yet.

"You think they would accept materialistic things? That's all I'm willing to trade with him," Grey shakes his head looking up to me.

Looking down, I kick my foot, "I would hope so. I don't want to give anything else, but I will we have to. We have to get Silas. " Rolling my neck feeling it ache, I look back up. "I need him."

He nods smiling. "Trust me, I know."

"Speaking of mates, where's yours?" I ask trying to change the subject wanting to take my mind off of it-off him.

A smile instantly comes onto his face with the mention of Willa. "She's looking through all of my old sketchbooks upstairs."

I smirk, he's always been the best artist. I really
don't think anyone can top how realistic and creative his pieces are.

Willa is especially fascinated with his skills.

Dropping my arms to my sides, I instantly swing them back up and over my chest after a couple of seconds.

Waiting a couple more seconds, I drop my arms again only to sigh and walk to the armchair sitting across the desk.

"Jittery?" Grey asks chuckling. Nodding I pad my fingers on the arm chair. "What has it been-five days since you've seen Silas?" His smug smile grows.

"Yeah," I whisper drawing my fingers to my mouth. "It's like I can't-"

"Stop thinking about him?" He finishes for me. "Yeah welcome to the club."

I start chuckling at the irony. "And to think, all this time I made fun of you and Willa."

It's true, I verbally told them many times they acted ridiculous. I mentally said even worse things. Yet now I totally get it.

A mate of your own changes everything.

Getting up from the chair, I look back to Grey to see him with a small smile.

He raises his eyebrows like telling me 'I told you so.'

Rolling my eyes I flick my hand, "I'm going to get water."

Grey starts laughing as I'm quick to close the door behind me. I didn't need to hear his crap, and his lecture about how he's always right.

I've heard it way too many times before.