Chapter 62

I groan quietly, feeling my head lawl back in exhaustion.

Reaching up, I try to rub my eyes though I feel them struggle to move. Blinking slowly, I peer down finding belts wrapped aground my wrists, pinning my arms to a chair.

I take a harsh breath in, looking at my surroundings with the littlest piece of energy that I still posses.

I was moved, I'm not in the cell that I was once in before. Now I sit in a chair, all my limbs strapped down tight.

My head falls back, my eyes closing again. I'm so weak from healing Koda, it takes so much effort just to keep my eyes open.

"Ah ah sleeping beauty, don't go back to sleep now," groaning quietly I grimace hearing Bahee's voice. I don't even know why I am surprised.

My eyes peer open slightly watching as he walks towards me.

"You know, I didn't think you had it in you to heal the guy." He tilts his head as he starts playing with the ends of my hair mindlessly.

I flinch away watching him carefully. "Where's K-Koda?" I whisper.

He smirks before tucking the hair behind my ear that he was just playing with. "He's back on your territory with Silas." My eyebrows furrow, watching him carefully. Why would he do that? It defeats the purpose. "Ah, I see the look you're giving me. Why give them back?" He smirks before patting my head. "We both know Greyson has a temper. Once Koda inevitably tells him that he was the one to bring you to us, and you're not there to defend him. Well, you're smart enough to figure out the rest."

"Then he'll kill them both," my eyes become wide in realization. I sit up straighter in the chair yanking on the restraints. "Let me go, Bahee." I speak between my teeth looking to him. "Why do you even want me?" My body starting to surge with energy, regaining what I lost.

"You're leverage," He smiles leaning against the wall. "I don't intend to kill you, Willa. But that doesn't mean we can't have fun in the mean time."

"Let me go damnit! I've been compliant, I've done what you've asked, just let me go!"

He frowns when I feel my eyes grow gold, the more I pull on the restraints the looser they get. My strength is coming back, and he knows it. "But we have so much planned for you."

"We?" I spit questionably.

Only then do I start to hear footsteps coming towards us, making Bahee smirk. "Yes. We," I hear come from the foreign footsteps.

I squint into the darkness, to try and make him out. Only to press my back further against the chair. Please, please let my eyes be mistaken. "Your scared?" He steps into the light finally. "Good," he chuckles.

"Flint," I whisper making sure my eyes were telling me correctly. Judging by the smirk raising the ends of his lips I'm guessing that I was right. 

"Hello, Willa."

"Wh-Why are you here? Why are you guys working together?"

"Old friends I suppose," Bahee smiles as they stand next to each other.

"What are you going to do to me?" I whisper looking down. I was thinking that I had a chance against Bahee if I escaped. But now there's two of them. Now I have no chance.

"Oh," Flint takes his index finger dragging It down the side of my face. My hands clenching into fists as I glare up to him. "So many things, but first-" He raises his hand motioning Bahee to come towards us. "A gift."

I'm about to question him, but I'm cut off when grips under my chin harshly, and forcefully tilting my head to the side. I thrash against his hold on instinct, my eyes going wide with panic when I see Bahee bringing over a syringe full of black fluid.

"No, no, stop!" I plead as they chuckle under their breaths.

Though quickly I feel the pinch of the needle being inserted to the side of my neck. My eyes clenching closed when I feel the particular warm fluid start to roam in my veins.

I start to pant as Flint lets go of my head harshly.

My vision goes hazy, my body erupting in goosebumps.

"What did-" I gasp, my head falling back when I feel a weird sense of euphoria wash over me. This isn't right, this isn't natural. "What did you do to me!" I yell looking down to my clenched hands.

I see the blackness run through my veins as it takes control of my whole body.

"You're familiar with the Plant Umbra, I believe?" Bahee laughs.

My eyes widen, this can't be happening.

I stomp my feet on the ground, trying to distract my mind from the pleasure It feels from the drug running through my veins. "Let me go!" I scream.

"Oh sweetheart," Flint strokes my hair away from my face. "This is only the beginning."

~~~

I see some people are confused about who Flint is. So if you guys don't remember, it talks about him in chapter 6 and 36. But he's Greyson's old mentor if that rings any bells.

xoxo