Chapter 41

Greyson's POV~

Opening my eyes slowly, I squint to the morning sun.

Though I smile instantly feeling Willa wrapped in my arms. Our bodies forced to stay close together because of the small space on the couch.

But I'm not complaining, not a single bit. If anything, I want her closer to me.

She bundles against my chest, still sound asleep as my eyes travel around my parents living room.

She forgave me, but my mind still can't wrap around it.

I could hear her head smack the wall when I pushed her into it. I could feel the vibration it gave off when I pinned her hands to the wall. But I could see the terror in her face.

Sighing I hold her tighter with just the thought.

Just the sight of Alpha Bahee holding a knife to our guard, pushed me over the edge.

I had to shove him to the ground which made him difficult to handle during the whole meeting. He threatened to end our alliance, he threatened people's lives.

For now I've gotten him to settle down, but with the promise of traveling to his territory for the next meeting.

So I inevitably lost control.

Willa, the most caring person alive wanted to help me. Yet I blew up.

Never again.

I never want to see that look on her face again, and me being reason for it.

She forgave me so quickly, and that's why I love her. She forgave me before I even forgave myself.

She's truly amazing.

Trying to calm my heartbeat, I feel her become restless next to me.

Her head slides up my chest to where it's tucked under my chin. Her grasp on my shirt becomes deathly making me smirk.

Peeking my head over the couch I look around, everyone's still asleep. Not a single sound.

Perfect.

Sighing I close my eyes trailing my fingers down her arm lightly. Where my fingers touch, goosebumps arise quick after. Yet she is still sleeping, her breathing in regulated patters.

My smirk becomes more smug knowing how I can get these reactions from her. From just the way her body involuntarily reacts, like goosebumps. To the noises she makes during our more heated experiences.

My fingers receive a mind of their own running up her shoulder. Then to her neck feeling her pulse start to rise, before trailing across her jaw.

Pulling back, I move her head slightly so I can look at her.

The corner of my mouth purks up when I see her eyes blinking open. "What're you doing?" She groggily says yawning.

Shrugging I pull her back to me giving her a kiss on her temple. She hums quietly nestling her head under my chin once again.

It's so quiet here. At the other house if someone was loud enough you could hear the muffled noise through the walls. If someone ran fast enough you could feel the vibrations of their footsteps pound and echo.

Here, all I can hear are the birds chirping outside of the many windows scattered around the living room.

God, we need to get our own place.

I let out a sudden pant as my eyes shoot open. The side of my neck igniting with fire as I feel two small fingers run against it. I forgot this sensation of Willa touching my mark.