Chapter 6

tw/ mentions of abuse

He scrunches his eyebrows together before taking a deep breath. I could see he was trying to plan what to say before he said it.

"We're basically humans," he starts out, huffing a big breath through his nose. "But we have special abilities-I guess if you want to put it that way-and we live differently." He laughs nervously, scratching the back of his neck. This makes his muscles bulge slightly. No, no, he's dangerous. He's different, way different. Don't think that way. "Yes, we do turn into wolves; Whether we just decide if we want to or not, but if we get so pissed off we can get triggered into turning."

I nod slowly, though I'm not sure if I'm getting all of this. "We also have advanced hearing, sight, strength, and speed." He lists off quickly, all in one breath I might add. Damn, it sounds like he's just as nervous as I am right now.

"Now on the way we decide to live our lives." He instantly moves on. Yup, he's nervous. "The whole population of werewolves are sectioned into packs. But there are certain wolves who decide to leave their pack, and or they've been kicked out. Those wolves are called rogues."

What can someone do to be kicked out? Eat someone's pet cat? Ha...is that offensive?

He sighs running a hand through his dark hair. "Every pack has a leader, they are called Alphas. They're stronger, bigger, they have all of the control. Then there's a second in command, they're the Beta. They're in charge of the warriors, and when the Alpha's out they step in." I nod once again trying to understand everything.

Breathing in I look back up to him, "Is there anything else that I should know?" I question monotonously.

Greyson smiles slightly, "I'm the Alpha of this pack, the Hudson pack." My jaw drops and he just smiles. Now I recall Jared calling him that many times, 'Alpha.' "Koda is my Beta, Sebastian and Jared are my two best warriors. And Faye's just the badass of the group." He laughs and a huff out a few laughs before I stop myself looking down.

But now it makes sense why Greyson was so much larger than that other wolf. Why Jared was the one that tortured me. He is the best warrior after all, I think bitterly.

"Is that all there is need to know?" I ask once again. I just have a feeling he's hiding something.

He smiles bashfully twisting his hands together, "Actually no." Knew it.

"There's still a few more things I haven't told you yet." I raise my eyebrow slightly. "Every wolf has a mate. But some may never find their mate. It's the luck of the draw usually." His smiles grows and becomes warm and vulnerable. "You see a mate is what humans might call a soulmate. It's like their other half, someone who can complete the other. You'd do anything for them, even if it means stopping a bullet. They can be werewolves or humans."

Wait, when I first saw Greyson he said mate. And if I do recall later that night Greyson told Jared he couldn't kill me because I was his mate.

No, I can't. I can't get into another relationship. I mean I gave my whole heart to Jack and he shattered it. I can't go through that again. I can't be broken again. Seeing Jack kissing another girl, kissing Addie, hurt worst than the electrocution. I just can't.

Plus, I might still have feelings for Jack. I'm stupid I know, but he's my first serious relationship.

"You're my mate Willa," he tells me happily placing his hand upon my knee. I shudder involuntarily feeling the sudden heat of his hand.

He looks at me with such warmth, such a welcoming feeling.

But I can't do this. I can't do this to myself. "I-I need some time," I tell him shakily as my breath intensifies rapidly. Mate? Soulmate? Greyson's mate? It can't be true, I mean I just met him.