Chapter 51

A frown automatically curves down my lips as I slide my arms through my jacket. Beside me, Grey is silent mirroring my movements.

His frown just as deep as mine.

Today, they travel to the Lunar Pack's territory.

Nether of us slept last night, I don't see how we could. We tried to close our eyes and slip into a peaceful slumber, but we never had a chance.

So, we talked all night until the sun rose over the horizon. Lazy words would roll off my tongue, while my head laid in his lap.

Only if I could just stay in that moment, instead of facing the reality of today. Him playing with my hair softly as we conversed quietly. A tired smile never leaving our faces instead of these-set in stone-frowns.

Biting my lip I adjust my jacket until it lays comfortably on my shoulders. When I look up to him, he's already looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

Grey reaches up placing his hand on my cheek, rubbing soft circles into my skin. I lean into his palm, "I hate that I can't go with you." I finally have the courage to speak after being quiet for so long.

I slide my fingers across the back of his hand as he looks down. "I wish you could come too, but after what recently happened it's safer for you to be here looking after the pack."

When I sigh-becoming annoyed-he grips the back of my neck pulling me into him.

I collide into his chest as we wrap our arms around each other desperately.

This time is different. This time there's room for error, and room for danger. And I just wish I could be there if anything happens.

Not only are we going for Silas, we have to trade something of ours. Not to mention, we have to act like we still want to be allies with them even if they're considered a threat to our pack.

And since they're a threat, we can't have them planning anymore threats, like the girl that was killed.

So, what we're trading for Silas is five of our warriors.

It sounds idiotic that we're giving them more people, but it's not that simple.

Those five people will send us nightly reports via link, and tell us anything and everything that they've gathered on the pack and Bahee.

They will be our spies so that we can never be blindsided again.

But like I said, we have to be careful with this or we will start a war.

We don't want that.

Nobody wants that.

Pulling away from Grey, I slide my fingers between his. I hold on tight as he leads me out of the door.

Cold air quickly slaps my face and makes my skin feel brittle as I watch pack members scurry around trying to prepare everything.

My eyes rake up to Grey. He sighs deeply which makes a white cloud swirl form from his lips.

"I need to go make sure everything is ready, I'll be right back," he nods to me quickly before I feel the warmth of his skin leave my own.

I retreat my hand back in my pocket, but the warmth still isn't as inviting as it was with Greyson.

Koda's POV~

I bite the insides of my cheeks nervously while sliding a hood over my head. While I tuck my hair under, my back is pushed suddenly.

Turning, Grey stands next to me. He looks at me with a pointed look as I start to pull at the sleeves of my jacket.

How could I not jitter with nerves? There's so many components fueling into the anxiety that's caving a hole deeper and deeper into my stomach.