Chapter 46

Stumbling backwards I pull Greyson with me. Both of our mouths slacked, surprised to hear those words come from Faye and Eli.

They're mates.

Faye finally found her mate.

I feel my hand tighten around Greyson's in kiddish joy as Eli walks over to Faye. Their expressions making me want cry happy tears.

Faye is absolutely speechless, her eyes welling. Eli looks like he could just hop over the moon. His smile stretching from ear to ear.

"We should give them their time," Grey whispers in my ear. He pulls back with a soft smile.

In the back of my mind I don't want to leave.

This is completely perfect. The scenery, the emotions, everything about their first encounter is just right.

I want to rewind time so that I can encounter Greyson like this.

This is like out of a fairy tale.

Grey and I meeting was like a nightmare at the time.

But I can't deny that I warmed up to him quickly. Too quickly if I'm being honest.

That damned mate pull was so strong, and it still is. I could feel it even though I was still technically a human.

I take in a big breath, watching as Eli reaches for Faye's hand. Once their fingers touch they both shiver with the bond tingling their senses.

I look away to Grey who's staring at me, "Yeah let's go." When I whisper to him, he glances over his shoulder to the new pair before we walk away.

Once we take a few steps I let my thoughts slip away. It doesn't matter how Grey and I met. All that matters is how we are now.

Subconsciously I wrap my arms around his one, laying my head on his shoulder.

The night just started and it's already been eventful. I don't know if I'm excited or scared to see how the rest of the night pans out.

Grey kisses my forehead before leading us to the middle of the dance floor. The song slow, making the night around us seem calm in the time of liveliness.

He turns my body softly before wrapping his arms around my waist. Sighing I place my hands on his chest, resting my head under his chin.

Closing my eyes I listen around to the mumbles around us, the soft song calming me in the background.

"How're you doing?" I whisper to Grey. His heart beat not as slow as I expected.

Taking my head off his chest, I instantly can tell something is on his mind just by his expression.

He bites his lip in thought flicking his eyes down to me. "It's just-" he pauses before shaking his head smiling sardonically. "Faye," he says as if he's giving up.

"What about her?"

"I mean," he groans. "She's so young, she's too young to find a mate." He settles on quickly which brings a small smile to my lips.

Grey is being that protective brother. It was going to happen sooner or later.

"Grey," I pat his chest smirking. He raises his eyebrows, "Faye and I are the same age. I think she's older than me by a couple months actually."

His face goes flat once he realizes. "Yeah, but she's different."

Playing with the buttons on his shirt, I can't help but smile to myself. It would've been amazing to have a sibling. To feel this protectiveness over them.