Chapter 38

Sighing as I feel the warm water pelt my back, I watch the steam rise. I hold my hands to my mouth looking up seeing it swirl upon the ceiling.

Just to think, when I first came here this isn't what I was expecting at all.

Willa back then thought she was going to die in the cells. She never expected to find love, friendship, a complete clean slate.

She was weak, shy, and broken.

I hope the new Willa has excelled, and has become stronger.

I hope I'm stronger.

Suddenly I hear a foot slap on the tile making my head snap to the door.

My heart relaxes as I see my mate.

Peeking my head on the other side of the glass I give him a small smile. "How's the drawing coming along?"

He stops, leaning against the vanity. "Okay I guess. It's not turning out how I wanted it to."

I frown for him watching as he rubs his forehead becoming stressed.

He's trying to create a piece for Liam and Penelope's anniversary, this is his third attempt and nothing is living up to his expectations.

"Hey," I whisper quietly. Grey looks up to me raising an eyebrow. "Come here," I sigh giving him a smirk.

He chuckles quietly as I walk back to the water streaming out of the faucet.

Closing my eyes, I let it streak down my face. Like rivers, the water runs down my face soothing my thoughts from before.

Blinking, I watch as Grey steps in coming over to me.

He wraps his arms around me, smiling.

"You have time before their anniversary Grey. Don't rush it," I tell him over the loud rushing of the shower.

He groans, making me roll my eyes.

Turning in a circle, I push his chest making him step under the faucet.

Smirking he grabs the back of my neck pulling me with him, until his face is centimeters from mine.

I brush my lips on his, but he just presses down hard in response.

I pull away just as it begins, feeling my heart quicken rapidly. I watch him through my eyelashes as water continues to drop off of them. Studying Greyson's face as looks down to me.

He stays staring at me, his hand roaming my back. "You're killing me, don't look at me like that," he tells me closing his eyes.

"Like what?" I laugh, watching as he peeks at me through one of his eyes.

My laughter stops as I'm suddenly pushed against the wall, my feet threatening to slip on the tile. But Greyson's form holding me up just in case.

"Like I'm your prey," he whispers, sliding his hand down the side of my neck.

His finger glide against my mark, I take a deep breath looking up to him once again.

It only takes a second before I smash my lips to his.

With a towel firmly around my body, I take a different one to ring out the water my from hair. Greyson stands in the mirror with one wrapped around his waist.

He shaves his stumble that was growing too long, as I walk over to his drawing desk.

My head cocking as I look at the sketch on the canvas. He hasn't even started with the paint yet.