Chapter 30

"Hey, what's wrong?" Grey links wrapping an arm around my shoulder rubbing it softly. But I can't react, can't speak.

I can't tell him i'm alright because I'm not.

Jared catches my terrified stare and smirks for half a second, though I seem to be the only one who notices.

"Willa, I needed to talk to you," Jared says out of the blue walking up to Greyson and I. As he gets closer I instinctively press more of my weight into Greyson's side.

He suddenly gets too close for my comfort and I flinch back, this instantly makes Greyson growl letting Jared know to stop.

Jared stops abruptly to Greyson's threatening growl, clenching his jaw in frustration. He huffs out a large breath before looking to me. I shutter under his gaze. "Look Willa, I came home early because I wanted to apologize." My eyebrows scrunch as I gather Greys shirt material in my fingertips.

Apologize? Is he for real? I don't buy a single word.

"If I would've known you were Greyson's mate, I wouldn't of tortured you in the first place. I'll admit I could've been easier with you-" no shit "-but that was my job. So I just wanted to tell you that I hope we can step past that and become friends." He finishes and my gaze just hardens on him.

He said absolutely nothing about the part where he almost killed me a second time. Am I the only one who caught no such sincerness in his tone?

But regardless if I actually forgive him or not, I was to comply and not tell a soul about the night be beat me senseless.

"I-I forgive-ve you," I stutter out. Wondering how I even mustered the words.

He smiles slowly, dangerously. I see the evil glint in his eye.

His gaze soon travels to Greyson, "Do I get forgiveness from you too?"

Looking up to Greyson I see he's already looking down to me. He's thinking, I can see the clock work turning behind his eyes.

Slowly he turns his head away from me, taking a deep breath him and Jared make eye contact.

Jared raises his eyebrows waiting for an answer. Grinning as Greyson takes a breath to speak. "It's good to have you back bud," he tells Jared with a smile.

I have to contain myself as Greyson basically welcomed him back with open arms. This can't be happening.

My mate forgiving the mister who almost killed me.

But it's not like Greyson knows anyways. "I made breakfast for everyone!" Koda shouts suddenly. I contain the flinch that was pleading to be let out.

I have to sell the part, I have to look fine. I have to look like Jared and I are fine and dandy.

Greyson leads me to the table, still giving me reassuring looks and smiles.

He was best friends with Jared before I came around, of course he's going to forgive him.

It's not his fault, Jared's a better actor than I.

I sit in between Faye and Grey, as Seb, Koda, and Jared sit across from us. But of course Jared sits directly across from me.

I swallow harshly as I slowly place eggs into my mouth. I stare down at my plate as everyone carries on with their conversation, laughing and smiling at each other.

Out of my peripheral I can see Faye peering at me repeatedly from the corner of her eyes.

My eyes stay on my plate, but I see her squirm uneasily.