Chapter 50

Willa's POV~

I bite my lip looking away from the girl before me. But as quickly as I look away, I reluctantly look back down at her. Then, cocking my head to the side.

Koda uses a stick to move her hair away from her face. "Her hair," he pauses looking away. His nose scrunches in disgust as he buries it in his elbow. "I think it was dyed," he then looks up to me. "There's brown dye stained to her scalp, like it was hurriedly done."

Pulling my trembling hand to my lips, I gasp quietly.

Quickly Greyson's arms snake around me, pulling me into his chest. I hold on to his arms tightly, feeling his muscles tense along with mine.

"And her eyes," he pauses again dropping the stick. "Fuck, this is going to be disgusting," he mumbles.

He reaches forward placing his hand on the side of her face. "Koda, what're you doing?" I whisper watching him cringe with my words.

Quickly I hide my eyes behind Greyson's arm as I hear the sickening sound of his fingers digging into her lifeless eyes.

He pulls me tighter against him, kissing my forehead.

"They're contacts," he gags. "She has green contacts in her eyes." Peeking my eye out, I see him holding the sickening item between his finger tips.

He throws it to the ground, looking up to Sebastian after making eye contact with me.

For once Sebastian hasn't said one word. I see him opening his mouth, but closing it quickly after. It's like he doesn't know how to respond.

I don't know how to respond either.

"So," Grey speaks up for the first time. "She was made to look like Willa." His voice rumbles against my ear as I shake my head not wanting to believe it.

Why me?

Unless, "Bahee." I whisper looking up. "Do you think he's trying to send a message? Like make a girl look like me, kill her, and leave her here so we would eventually find her? Just all of that as a threat to me-since you know-I pissed him off."

"He'd be completely stupid to do that though," Koda stands wiping his hands on his shorts.

"That's the point, so this is completely plausible," Grey tells them resting his chin on the top of my head. "He's done stupid and impulsive things in the past. He's capable to do something like this." 

Sighing, I tighten my arms around Greyson, stealing a glance at the girl.

She died to send a message.

To send a message to me.

"Cross Bahee again, and we're dead." That's what he's trying to portray.

"Grey," I call quietly. He hums quietly telling me that he's listening. "Can we reach out to all of the packs from the festival and see if they're missing a girl? I want to give her a proper burial, even if we don't find which pack she belonged to."

"That's a great idea," he nods.

Just then I watch Sebastian grab an extra jacket from a compartment and place it over her face.

He stays crouched looking at her for another second. "No need," he says quietly. "She's apart of Bahee's pack, I talked to her at the festival."

Koda's head snaps to him, frowning.

"Seb," I blink tilting my head. "You met her?"

He nods looking back to me. "She was pretty quiet. But she did tell me is that she disliked Bahee being her alpha. And that just gives us another reason to believe that he was the one who did this."