Chapter 9

"You know you owe me," Faye retorts.

After a couple hours she and I finally finish cleaning the kitchen. It's spotless, we made sure of that.

So now we lay in her bed looking up to her white ceiling.

Twisting my newly showered hair between my fingers, we chat as the boys are off to who knows where.

I sigh smiling, "I know. But you were a lot of help." Turning my head I look over to her. She does the same, looking over to me. "So what shall it be?" I ask.

She laughs slightly shaking her head. "I was joking. You don't need to do anything for me."

"Nope! You do something for me so I do something for you." I declare.

Faye sighs rolling her eyes, though I notice the small smile placing onto her lips. "Make dinner tonight?"

Ewe, cooking. I mean I can do it, though that doesn't mean I like doing it. But, she helped me clean so I'll cook for her. "Fine."

She squeals happily making me smile. "So then what will you make Chef Willa?"

Rolling my eyes I smack my arm over my eyes. I groan, starting to regret this-I help you, you help me sort of thing.

I could do spaghetti. No, I have that way too often.

Steak? Too expensive.

What about my mom's favorite? Turkey clubs.

I mean she made sure I knew the special sauce recipe by heart. I don't think I can ever forget it, it's one thing she's left behind for me.

"Do turkey clubs sound alright?" I ask.

Instantly she slaps a hand on her flat stomach rubbing it hungrily. "Those sound amazing" she hums.

I mean since Greyson and I got into that little war in the kitchen, we were never able to eat dinner. Then he left.

So I'm guessing I'll be making a sandwich and sides for everyone then.

Propping myself up with my elbows across the warm, red duvet of  Faye's room, I intend to get off the bed. Though before I can, Faye suddenly catches my shoulder.

Looking back to her with my eyebrows slightly scrunched together. I silently ask her to continue.

She nods understanding as I lay back down on my back. "So," she smirks. "What's going on between Greyson and you." Oh no.

Quickly my face flushes with red blush.

To be honest I don't know myself. I feel this pull towards him I guess. Like my mind is yearning and wanting to be around him. That somehow I forgive him after every single thing he's done.

Scratching the back of my neck nervously I look down. "Uh, I don't know actually," my voice coming out higher then normal.

She smiles, "But what do you feel?"

How do I feel?

Rubbing my palms against my eyes I blow out a breath of air. "It's weird," I start. "I feel myself being pulled to Greyson. Like he's the light and I'm a moth. Like even after everything, I still can't stop this feeling," telling her this my hands make wild hand gestures. 

She nods smiling widely before rolling off the bed herself.

Still blushing I follow her out.

As I throw in the ingredients for my mom's secret sauce, Faye sits at the small table at the other side of the kitchen sipping on some lemonade. She plays with the ends of her dark hair between her fingertips mindlessly.