Chapter 74

Taking a step forward, I feel my lungs compressing with panic and fear until my legs move out of instinct. I hear my name vaguely being yelled behind me, but my heart beat thundering in my ears causes them to be muffled.

"G-Greyson," I link in panic while pushing my legs to run to the facility. Did he leave as soon as I did?

I flinch when the heat from the flames are still apparent on my skin even from this far away, while I wait for a reply.

"I'm fine, I was still at the house when it happened. I'm almost there now," I sigh with momentary relief but it doesn't last long knowing Seb is there right now.

"Me too," I reply continuing to run.

"No, no Willa. Go back, If this is what I think it is you need to be hidden," his voices comes out stern. My eyes drawing to trees that are set ablaze as well.

I shake my head continuing my steps. "If people are hurt I cant just stand around and do nothing when I know that I can do something. I'll watch my back, just hurry and get here."

I slow my steps once I step up to the clearing of the building. The orange hue of the flames igniting my eyes as they frantically dance around. My body frozen at the site.

The smoke is so thick in the air I can't make out any scents.

Though when I see someone leaning against a near by tree coughing from the smoke, my once frozen state clears.

Stepping closer I see it's Silas. Hurriedly I go to him, catching his body as he starts to collapse from exhaustion. His face covered in soot, his arms scattered with burns.

He looks up to me once he feels his body being caught. "Silas?" I gasp taking up his appearance.

"I don't know what happened," he breathes looking up. "We could smell the chemicals, and we covered just in time before the explosion. I made it out, but there's still more inside."

"Are you okay?" I ask clarifying as I sit him down on the ground, the tree behind him propping him up.

He nods his head, looking down to his arms that are already starting to heal. "I don't know where Koda is."

I nod wiping his white hair from his forehead to help his rising panic. I try not to show my worry with hearing how fast his heart is beating. So I smile softly rubbing his cheek with my thumb, "I'll find him."

He nods as I stand, turning back around to the flames before taking a deep breath to run to the door.

I cant think of all the negative outcomes from this. I cant think about people that I love that are still stuck inside. I cant think about if they're still breathing or not.

Now I just need to act.

Though as I'm about to run in blindly, I see a figure starting to emerge from around the flames.

Perking up, I try to make out who it is around the dark clouds.

Though when I see one person carrying what it seems to be many, I run.

Instantly my lungs start to burn as I step in the heat of the fire, igniting my skin and slowly burning the surface.

I dance around trying to find the best outlet looking to the person ahead. Then, for a split second I recognize the face. "Sebastian!" I yell, which catches his attention.