Chapter 76

Sebastian's POV~

"Hi," smirking I lay down at the end of my bed. The room darkening as my phone is the only source of light.

Staring at the girl that I have to keep refusing to see. This is the closest I can be.

"Sebastian," she sighs as she pulls her blankets to her chin laying in bed. I can see a small smile on her face. "What're you doing?"

"Talking to you."

Vera rolls her eyes before her smile grows. "You're all sweaty, what have you been doing?" She persists.

In reality I got done with training and I just had to call her as soon as I could. If she saw how torn up my middle was right now, I wonder how she would react.

But for now, I just have to say, "I just went for a run. I wanted to talk to you before I showered."

A blush suddenly takes her cheeks and I feel my heart bursting. I want to see that blush in person, I want to be the person who makes her blush.

She must've been thinking the same thing because suddenly she says, "Can I see you?"

Staying away from her is killing me. But she doesn't know I'm doing this for her safety, and everyone else's.

I don't want to risk Bahee getting a read on her, or her being here for an attack, or me being away. Nothing is in our favor right now, but she doesn't know that.

"Vera," I sigh rubbing my eyes.

She sighs as well. Whispering, "I know." I watch as she compiles her thoughts, bitting her cheek in the process. "I just don't understand. We've been talking nonstop for weeks, I just thought you'd want to."

"I want to," I tell her quickly. Though when I see her eyes widen slightly I realize I might've said it too fast. "Just-" I smile slightly shaking my head. "Just a little longer and then I'm not going to leave your side. You're going to be sick of me."

She smiles before covering her mouth to try and hide it from me. But I saw it, and that image is going to be forever etched in my head. "Well in that case, maybe we should keep it on the phone."

I scoff making her snicker, "If I can recall you're the one who wanted to see me."

Then she laughed, it was the contagious kind. I instantly started laughing with her. It was something I knew I would never get over. How when she was happy, she would just light up and her being would radiate.

But now, now she seems lifeless.

I flinch as Bahee leans down tilting her head to the side as she lays down motionless on the ground. "See, shes still breathing Sebastian. You should be thanking me for my generosity."

Blinking, a tear falls quickly before I continue to listen to her heart beat.

She cant die, not here, not now.

When the door suddenly opens, I know that for sure.

"My my, look what we have here," Bahee chuckles. "Good to see you, good to know you're well."

Jumping I feel a hand land on my shoulder, looking up Willa gives me a once over with wide eyes. Though when I realize I stopped listening to Vera's heart I look away and back to her. "Please," I whisper.

Her hand slowly leaves me after. Bahee laughing to what he believes is a pathetic display. "Go on with it, you know what you're here to do."

"And after-" Willa starts. Her voice quivering with how scared she is right now. I know she would be, I don't think I could ever apologize enough for bringing her back into this. But this is the last resort, the last play in the game. "After your going to leave and let everyone be. Right?"