Chapter 43

Groaning, I turn to my side. I squint from the light radiating from Greyson's drawing desk. The constant sound of pencil scratching paper is keeping me awake.

Greyson is finally happy with his work for his parent's anniversary, and now he won't stop. He's too on track to stop.

"Grey," I whine flinging my arm on the bed. "Come lay down with me."

I hear him chuckle softly, turning his head to look at me momentarily. "Don't wait up for me, go ahead and sleep," he smiles. He instantly starts back on his drawing, only make me clench my eyes to the pencil scratch.

"That's kind of impossible when all I hear is that," I tell him referring to that inferior noise.

He sighs turning in his chair. "Do you want me to go in a different room?"

Grey smirks raising his eyebrow, watching as I roll my eyes.

Staring at him, I pat the bed.

This has become a nightly routine lately. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing that he's finally gotten into a better head space. But he still needs to get some sleep at the same time.

I smirk victoriously as he sighs, watching him flick off his lamp.

He takes his time walking to the bed, shaking his head in the process. "I can never say no to you," he chuckles lightly.

I run my hand up his arm once he lays down on the bed, pulling him closer to me. I smile pecking a kiss onto his neck.

When I pull away Grey grabs my chin keeping me in place. It only takes a second for him to press his lips against my own.

He smiles softly, pecking them a few more times before fully pulling away. I relay his expression before snuggling my head under his chin, wrapping my arm around him.

This time is by far my favorite part of the day. It's so peaceful laying in each other's presence. Usually we're silent until one of us falls asleep first. Though sometimes we just talk, about anything really.

If I could stay in bed all day with him right next to me, I would.

I find him falling asleep first. Quite quickly I might add.

Smirking to myself I hear rain starting to come down outside. I love when it storms.

There's something about looking into the pitch black room and seeing a flash of lighting ignite it. Or how a loud crack of thunder spikes an adrenaline rush before you calm.

While I sit and listen to the showers pelting on the windows, I hear the bedroom door creak open.

I stiffen to the sound of slow footsteps echo in the bedroom. With my back to the door, I can't see what or who it is.

I push Greyson slightly trying to get him to wake up as it sounds like there's more than one person entering the room.

"Greyson someone's in the room," I try to call out in his head so the intruders don't realize I'm awake.

They whisper quietly among themselves making it hard to hear what they're saying.

My heart thunders against my chest watching silhouettes walk to Greyson's side of the bed looking down to him.

"Greyson! Wake up!" I scream to him.

Lightning flashes through the window. My eyes widen seeing people with white wolf masks tied around their heads.

When one of the sets of eyes snap to mine, he becomes alert. The lightning strike igniting my vision of them, and theirs on me. "She's awake!" One of them screams.