★Chapter : Two★

Arden

                            There was a time in my life where I really didn't care who I bullied or beat up. This one time, I swung a baseball bat at my ex-boyfriend's crutch for boasting about him taking my virginity. I was fifteen then. He was such an asshole, and he should have known that he wasn't going to get away with it.

I had a reputation.

I live on  the poor side of town with my friends who are bikers in a gang. They taught me how to street fight and protect myself.  Kicking ass is the easiest thing in the world for me. Throwing punches and kicks is something I enjoy, it's my talent. The one thing I am good at.

My ex had to be stupid to fuck up that bad. I had to make him pay for embarrassing me. When I was done with him, he had a black eye and a broken jaw. I was kind enough to help him put it back in place. Breaking his jaw was an accident though. My rage got the better of me.

Needless to say, he ended up in the hospital.

To think that I lost my virginity to some dumb wannabe frat boy. Typical. I have a weakness for guys that are strong and dominant but after the first swing to his dick, he became a weak pansy.

High school is a war zone, and you either survived or broke under the pressure.

Me?

I was untouchable.

Bitches knew to stay the hell away from me, especially after I gave the school's golden boy the ass whooping of his life.

Oh, good times.

From my reckless behavior in school anyone could have bet that I would fail academically. Who would blame them? I hardly even went to class. But math always made sense to me and I read a lot of science books in my spare time. And so I was able to pass my exams with a 3.9 G.P.A.

Suck on that you narcissistic wannabes. (Insert middle finger)

College became a dream of mine after that. However, my family was too poor to afford it so I didn't have that opportunity. Even so, I did attend community college for like six months.

Even though I am smart, life took me to a casino, working as one of those girls who struts around scantily clothed. My job is to make men spend more than they initially intended. Its amazing how much men will spend to impress a pretty face. One they hardly even know.

After I enter the casino I beeline straight into the staff change room to put on my uniform. It's a gold and black skintight, short dress that reaches mid-thigh. Other girls had red, some silver.

"Hey Arden, how's it going? Is your mom better? " Aaron asked. He's the security around here and keeps the unruly client's hands to themselves.

Although most of the time I am the one protecting myself.

"The doctors are doing their best but the medical bill is so fucking high," I grunt. My mother suffers from a rare type of cancer: cancer of the bone marrow.

It's poisoning her blood and the treatment isn't helping, it may even make it worse.

He gives me a sad face but I shrug it off. I will cherish my mom for as long as I have her, and when she's gone I'll cherish her memory.

No one lives forever.

I came to terms with that when my dad died. He was shot by a stray bullet that came from nowhere. At least that's what they told my mother and I.

When I'm done getting ready, I pull my hair from its ponytail and let it fall down my back. My lips are painted in dark red lipstick, the look complete with four-inch heels on my feet.