★Chapitre: Seize★

The spirit is eager but the flesh is weak. Because of sin we become nothing and return the way we came. The remembrance of us is slowly forgotten.

☆☆☆☆

August (Arden's Mother)

I saw when Nikolaos took Arden's sleeping form from my bedside. He had explained to me that his birthday ball is in France and that he needed Ari there. He begged me to stay alive and keep breathing until he came back.

I laughed at what he said 'Or Arden will never forgive him'. True she won't.

She was always in fights or hanging out with bikers, especially when Grant passed away. So when the French mafia came knocking on my hospital door I wasn't surprised.

The kidnapped part, yes.

The way Nikolaos looks at my daughter I know he is in with love her. Although I don't think he knows it yet. He has this dangerous persona about him, that I know Arden won't be able to resist.

She always goes after the bad boys.

The treatment I receive here in this mini-clinic is spectacular.  I feel almost like royalty. Anything I want I can get, he said. A nurse is always at my beck and call.

The expiry date I'm sure is fast approaching but I refuse to let it control me. I want to see the new year of 2018. I can feel my body gradually withering to nothing. Soon I will be a pile of dust on the earth.

A distant memory to everyone who knew me. Tears stream down from my eyes as I battle for my life on the white sheets of the hospital bed.

I want so much for my daughter. She is creeping into who she will be for the rest of her life. She will hurt people, she may even kill them but it's who she is meant to be. I know she will soon be leading this mafia family alongside Nikolaos.

Born from the bad side of town, she was always a leader. Nikolaos will give her the extra she needs to be her father's daughter.

Arden has bad blood running in her bone marrow.

Grant was part of the bikers gang. He was the most feared around town. The ringleader of them all. Grant ensured that Arden knew nothing about it. And that no one knew about her. Not one record pinned him as being her father. It was only when he died that his gang found us at the funeral.

I knew they dealt heavily with the mafia. However, Nikolaos seems to have no idea about whose daughter he has in his possession. Otherwise, she may have already joined them.

But until that shit hits the fan I will keep breathing.

Arden

A new set of celebrating is in swing and all the guys are bare-chested and Bar-B-Qing. Not sure why I found this to be extremely comical but it is.

I think what makes it funny is they are supposed to be cold-hearted killers, not steak grillers. The females are dressed in bathing suits while they take in the fresh air around - basking in the midday sun while their toes dip in the chilling pool.

I, myself sit at the pool between Kyra and Blue. Admiring the men from afar. Every two minutes Nikolaos would glance at me and I at him.

He thinks I'm still, sort of, angry at him. But I'm too busy lusting over his inked muscular body. The artwork is amazing and...different.

A huge lion laid on his stomach with the bull's head above it on his chest. Tattoos run up the length of his both arms. When his back faced me it looked like big bat wings plastered on his skin.