★Chapitre : Vingt- Cinq★

QUEEN HEAD!

**********

A Queen is the one that brings power to her King. Without her, a kingdom will fall.

Arden

Queen.... the word easily left their mouths, stunning me. I looked back at Nikolaos but all he did was smile at me and kiss my cheek.

I was very far from having the attributes of a queen. Niko and I weren't even officially a couple. We occasionally kissed that's it. Apart from that one-time blowjob I gave him. Their eyes reflected adoration and loyalty but ...

"I...I...uh?!." For the first time in my life, I was speechless. My brain didn't work according to my mouth. No, because on the inside I was having a stun attack.

Nikolaos turned my head to him, his eyes showing the same thing. "Arden be my Queen." The tone of his voice was one I never heard before. Low, gentle, it felt he was afraid of something.

All the training, the reason why he desired me, all of it was because he wanted this. From the very beginning.

"The first time I laid eyes on you I wanted you but you had to be strong." I looked at the ground and breathed deeply through my nose and exhaled through my mouth.

I finally found my voice, my doubts slowly relinquished themselves. "I never belonged anywhere really. Hawke's gang accepted me but I still felt like an outsider. Here..."

"Here you belong, here with me..." Niko lifted his head looking at the others "With us."

When he looked back at me I met his shining gaze. His sea blues looked like diamonds in his eye sockets. Love.

Did I mention we were still in front of a very, dead guy?

"If I say I will be your Queen can we go." His face lit up and he picked me off the ground and spun me around by the hips. Happy. I felt happy and carefree. I felt settled.

 I felt settled