Part Two: Don't Say You Love Me

"We've been close, but inconsistent. You hold my heart at a safer distance, yeah. You think words can ease the tension. But you can't deny that something's missing," Camila sang softly as she strummed her guitar.

This was one of the songs she was working on for her upcoming album. It was raw and expressed all the emotions she had when she thought about her wife. 'Don't say you love me,' was what she entitled it. She never mentioned just how badly it had hurt when she walked in on Lauren and Hailee.

She never told her wife how she felt her heart completely shatter when she laid eyes on them. And she knew that she should've. She should've yelled at her, slapped her, or did anything but kept it bottled up because it was eating her up inside and eventually she was going to snap.

Her long fingers slid across her guitar strings effortlessly as she continued playing and singing. "I need a little bit more, I need a little bit more. You gotta know what it's like. I know you been here before. I've been waiting, I've been patient. But I need a little bit more," tears began falling from her eyes, so she rested the guitar on the bed and began sobbing softly.

"Where did I go wrong?" she mumbled to herself.

After almost ten years of being together, they should've still been happen. They weren't one of those couples who could go days without talking when they fought. Usually after five minutes, one of them would break down, and apologise profusely. But it's been almost a year since the Hailee incident; and even though Lauren apologised, Camila couldn't find it in her heart to forgive her.

"What happened to us?" She questioned herself as she wiped her eyes on Lauren's hoodie sleeve.

Could she even forgive her wife? She wanted to. She desperately wanted to, but how could she?

Marriage was a sacred bond, they promised faithfulness, loyalty, endless love, but all of that seemed to go out the window the moment she saw her wife and the brown haired secretary together.

Before things started spiralling downwards, Camila did have a strong liking for Hailee. She helped Lauren with Izzy when she wasn't around and she was always there for her wife.

Unfortunately, it wasn't in the way she expected her to be.

The Jauregui - Cabellos' marriage was one to be envied. At random occasions, Lauren would've called her wife, just to hear her voice or to confess her undying love for her. Camila would've sent flowers or food; because everyone knew, the way to Lauren's heart was through food, to her office. But that stopped. The weekly Friday night dates that they looked forward to, they began to dread it until it stopped. Camila always had an appointment or Lauren had to work late. The family outings, decreased but didn't stop altogether, mainly because of young Isabella. She didn't need to be a part of the couple's unhappiness.

There was a knock on the bedroom door and Lauren slowly opened it and stuck her head in. "Uhh - Hey, Camz. Breakfast is ready. I don't know if you'd want to come down and join us?" She questioned.

Lauren wasn't exactly sure where she stood with her wife anymore. They weren't even been sharing the same bedroom since the incident.

Camila quickly wiped at her eyes again before turning to face the older woman. "Yeah, I'd be down soon. Is Izzy up as yet?" She asked trying to sound normal, but Lauren heard her sniffle.

She slowly approached the brunette on the bed, "Camz, are you alright?" Concern laced her voice. "Were you crying?"

Camila stood up abruptly and walked out of the room leaving Lauren standing there with furrowed eyebrows.