Part Fourteen: Are You The One?

*Flashback*

"Mummy?" Izzy's small voice echoed throughout the living room. "You're leaving?" She asked as she stared at her mother's suitcases that were at her feet.

Camila turned away from her suitcase to look at her daughter. The sadness on the child's face was enough to break anyone's hearts. Even those who claim to have a 'tiny black' one.

"Princesa? What are you doing up?" Camila asked as she stretched her arms out for her daughter, who took a seat in her lap.

Izzy held her Olaf tightly to her chest. Ever since Demi gifted this to the child, it had become her favourite stuffed toy. It's not that she didn't like the others, it's just that Olaf brought her comfort when needed.

"I heard you and mama talking..." the child trailed off and she knew Izzy heard them not necessarily arguing, but they kind of were, about Camila's departure.

Camila sighed heavily. She wanted to tell Izzy she had to go, she wanted to tell Lauren, but she just couldn't find it within herself to. That's why she held it off for so long. Thinking that maybe it wouldn't hurt as much, but truth be told...it still did.

"I leave tomorrow, princesa," Camila ran her fingers through Izzy's long black hair. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I just didn't know how to."

Izzy sniffled and dried her tears with the sleeve of her pyjama top. "When are you coming back, mummy? My birthday is soon." The child reminded her mother. Camila had never once missed Izzy's birthday. No matter the workload. If she had a concert that day, she would cancel it. If she had interviews, or to be at the studio, she would reschedule it, so for Lauren to think that she was going to miss it?

Well...

It's understandable, because Camila's past says otherwise for other events.

Camila held her daughter's face in her hands. "You know mummy loves you right?" Izzy nodded. "How much?"

"I take the number of stars and multiply it by a lot...that's how much you love me," The child whispered out the last few words.

Camila couldn't help the constant heartbreak she felt every time she saw Izzy like this. "Words can't begin to explain cuánto te quiero, princesa." (Y'all don't hurt me. My Spanish is TRASH. I'm a fake Venezuelan.)

"Can you stay?" Izzy asked. "Can you stay with me?"

Camila opened her mouth but words failed her.

What was she supposed to say? Of course, she wanted to stay, but being a singer was her dream.

Izzy was no mistake.

Gosh, those two words did not belong in the same sentence. Being a mother was another dream come true, hurting the child was something she never wanted to do. And if Camila was being honest, she was at a constant battle whether to give up her singing career. Hell, the last time Izzy begged her to stay, she told Roger she couldn't do this anymore. She couldn't keep hurting her daughter, but Roger convinced her to stay. The thought was always at the back of her mind.

"If I...if I stop going to the park, and...and watching Frozen everyday...and if I do better at maths... and...and stop letting aunty Maggie in the house...would you stay?" The child searched for things trying to convince her mother to stay, but she was quote unquote the ideal child.