Part Eighteen: Daddy's Little Girl

They say there is a "love of your life" and a "love for your life."

The love of your life will be your weakest point for a long time. And it won't work. No matter what you do, it will never seem to work. You'll try and you'll try. The endless tears, the pain in your chest whenever you think about them, you'll wonder if it's worth it. You'll love them, yes, and maybe you'll always love them, but love wouldn't be enough.

Then, there's the love for your life. This is the one that works. This is the one who, no matter what you're doing, you'll feel that sensation in your chest. That never ending happiness. You'll feel complete with them, even though you're whole.

There's the one that's right and the one who you want to be right.

Camila knew, she knew with every fibre of her body that Lauren was the love for her life. When they met, they clicked instantly. Lauren didn't see her the way everyone else did. She saw Camila. She was everything the woman could've ever wanted, everything she ever needed.

Lauren had returned a few days ago from her trip to Milan. It was quite the success. From the moment she got back, Izzy was attached to her at the hip. The night she returned from Milan, the three of them went out to dinner. Camila was too lost in her wife to notice what was going on around her.

To an outsider, it would've looked as though the couple were on their very first date; minus the kid of course.

Today was Camila's one on one session with Doctor Briggs. She woke up a bit too early for her liking, so she decided to mess around on the piano for a bit.

She took a seat on the bench, and lifted the fall-board. Sighing heavily, she began to play a melody. Her fingers moved effortlessly over the keys.

"He drops his suitcase by the door,
She knows her daddy won't be back anymore,
She drags her feet across the floor,
Trying to hold back time, to keep him holding on,
And she says..."

Camila sang softly. Her mind went back to the day her father left. To the day he walked out of her life.

Truth is, she hated what her father did, but she didn't hate him per say. Maybe, at the time, she tried to convince herself that she hated him, but she couldn't. After all the memories they shared together, how much he showed the love he had for her. She simply couldn't hate the man.

"Daddy, daddy, don't leave,
I'll do anything to keep you right here with me,
Can't you see how much I need you?
Daddy, daddy, don't leave,
Mommy is saying things she don't mean.
She don't know what she's talking about, somebody hear me out."

Camila wiped at the tears that were streaming down her face. She remembered that last argument her parents had. How her father kept saying that he was sorry, but her mother was hurt, she felt betrayed, she couldn't take him back. No matter how much he pleaded for her too. Although now, even though Sinu was hurt, she once loved the man and didn't hold any animosity towards him, and even towards the woman who tore her family apart.

"Father, listen, tell him that he's got a home and he don't have to go,
Father, save him, I would do anything in return.
I'll clean my room, try hard in school,
I'll be good, I promise you.
Father, Father, I pray to you."

The day Camila saw Valentina and Alejandro kissing, she was hurt, but the day he walked away from them, she blamed herself. Maybe if she was a better daughter, he would've stayed. He would've loved her more and not leave her.

But unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

You can't make someone want you.

"Now she hasn't slept in weeks,
She don't want to close her eyes 'cause she's scared that he'll leave.
They've tried just about everything,
But it's getting harder now for him to breathe,
And she says..."