Part Twenty Four: Jauregui Bonding

Trigger warning: Mention of attempted suicide. Reader discretion is advised.

"I can swear, I can joke, I say what's on my mind. If I drink, if I smoke, I keep up with the guys," Maggie sang softly as she opened the door to her sister's home. "And you see me holding up my finger to the world. F-."

Lauren's hand immediately went to cover her sister's mouth. "O-okay. No swearing. Izzy is here."

Maggie laughed. "C'mon. This is a bangerrrr." She pulled Lauren into a hug. "Please don't make me go. Please don't make me do this."

The elder Jauregui sister laughed loudly, patting her on the back trying to comfort her. "You're making it sound as though I'm forcing you to go to school or go to a job interview you don't remotely like."

"You're making me go to visit...the family," Maggie cringed. "The last time all of us were together was for my graduation from high school," she trailed behind Lauren. "When I was 16!!!"

"Hi, aunty Maggie!" Izzy greeted her aunt, hugging her tightly. "I missed you so much."

Maggie stopped her bitching about her family for a moment and looked down at her niece. She felt a pang if sadness in her chest. She could've had this, had a child but she didn't think she was ready. "Hi, baby girl. I missed you too." She bopped her on the nose. "How has your mamas been treating you?"

Izzy sighed dramatically. "I asked mummy for a puppy but she doesn't wanna get me one." She bent her head in sadness. "I even have a name picked out for him."

"Aww," Maggie stooped to the child's height. "What type of dog do you want?"

"Nope. There'll be no getting of any dogs anytime soon," Camila popped into the kitchen. She planted a kiss on her sister in law's cheek. "Sup, loser? You look rather cute today. Love the shirt."

Maggie looked down at her ripped jeans and camouflage t shirt, paired with a combat boots. She shrugged, "I just tossed this on. But I do look cute every single day, boo."

Camila laughed. "Do you want anything to eat?"

"I lost my appetite, days ago when your beloved wife asked me to hang with her and the family," she sighed and picked up her niece. "You're the only family I need, Izzy. Don't make me goooo."

Izzy giggled and held her aunt's face in her hands. "If you go, I'll spend the night with you, and we can watch Frozen!"

"Why does this sound like a lose lose on my part?" Maggie kinked an eyebrow, causing her niece to pout. "Ugh fineeee. Just because I love corrupting your innocence. But! We'll be watching Coco or the Book of Life, now those movies are lit."

Lauren rolled her eyes, taking Izzy out of her sister's arms. "It's time for the munchkin to head to school. Camz?"

"Mmm?" She was busy stuffing her face with food.

Lauren smiled. There was a tingling sensation that ran through her body just from looking at her wife. "You're adorable. You know that?" Camila blushed. "Anyway, you're sure you can drop Izzy to school? You're hanging with Becky right?"

Camila nodded. "Yes, Laur. My driving is getting better. Promise, babe." She kissed her wife on the cheek. "And yes, Becky doesn't have any school today, so we thought we'll go see a movie and have some lunch together."

"Wait you're going out with the hot sister in law?!" Maggie piped up. "Can I be a Cabello too? And might I add, Maggie Cabello sounds pretty good. And we both hate our dads, so we can fit right in."

"You don't hate dad, Mags," Lauren said. "You're just hurt. And I can understand why," she wrapped an arm around her sister's waist. "You're too nice to hate anyone."