Part Seven: Trust Issues

Today was the day the couple's therapist would be back and they; mostly Camila would have to endure another agonising hour of having Dr Briggs pry her way into the cracks of their marriage. It was never something she was excited for. The only person who knew what happened between them was Maggie, and that was mainly because she was Lauren's sister. The Cabellos weren't even aware of it. It's not to say Camila didn't want to tell anyone, hell she did, but she was ashamed. What would they say? They were the couple everyone envied and now? They couldn't even look at each other for longer than a few seconds.

Camila couldn't sleep last night, so she had been up working on a song. Her third studio album was finally coming to an end, so the songs she had been working on now were just her idea of therapy.

"There's a shop down the street,
Where they sell plastic rings,
For a quarter a piece, I swear it,
Yeah, I know that it's cheap,
Not like gold in your dreams
But I hope that you'll still wear it," she sang as she strummed her guitar. Pausing for a moment to jot down the keys. Since Christmas, Lauren had been acting extremely weird with her, and every time Camila tried to bring it up or ask what was wrong, her wife would change the topic.

"Yeah, the ink may stain my skin
And my jeans may all be ripped
I'm not perfect, but I swear
I'm perfect for you," the only person she could've thought about was the one who could make her both happy and sad. The person who had her heart since they were teenagers. People say that young love doesn't last, Camila and Lauren were determined to prove them wrong, but now? Maybe the people were right.

Izzy stepped into her mother's bedroom and quietly sat on the bed. She clutched her Elsa from Frozen stuffed doll to her chest, and stared at her mother who was oblivious to her presence.

"Mija?" Camila was a bit startled when she saw her daughter. "What are you doing up so early, princesa?"

Izzy shrugged. "I couldn't sleep and I heard you singing. I haven't heard you sing in forever, mummy."

Camila placed her guitar on the side of her bed and scooted closer to her daughter, "Aw, mija I'm sorry. I know you like it when I sing."

Izzy shrugged her shoulders and snuggled up to her mother. "Are you and mama going to leave me?"

She was only four years old and didn't necessarily know the concept of divorce. But hearing that question from her daughter instantly made Camila feel like crap. The couple tried their very best to keep it civil in front of the child, unfortunately they didn't do a good job.

"Why would you think that?" Camila pulled the child into her lap and held her face in her hand. "Baby, no. Your mama and I love you very much. We're never going to leave you."

Tears started to form in the child's eyes and her mother couldn't help but feel terrible. What were they doing to their daughter?

"But I hear you two arguing sometimes. And I'm scared because Destiny said that's what happened before her daddy left her mummy. She doesn't see him anymore and it makes her sad," Izzy said through her tears. "I don't want to be sad like Destiny, mummy." She clutched onto her mother. Camila didn't know what to say. How was she going to comfort their four year old daughter? She didn't even know if their marriage was going to hold up.

When the child had stopped crying, Camila wiped her tears and looked her in the eye. "Princesa, you have to listen to me okay?" Izzy nodded. "I love you. Mama loves you. No matter what happens, you're always going to have the both of us. We're always going to be a family, and we're always going to be your parents that love you so so much." Izzy just stared at her mother. "Do you remember how much I love you?"