Part Twelve: A Family Affair

"Knock, knock," Izzy heard her mother's voice as she pushed open her bedroom door. The child had been laying in her bed, clutching her stuffed Olaf; from Frozen, tightly to her chest.

She glanced up when she heard her mother. "Buenos días, mummy."

Camila smiled and sat on her daughter's bed. "Buenos días, mija. How are you?"

Izzy sighed dramatically. "I don't want to go to school."

Her mother laughed. "Why don't you?"

The child sat up on her bed. "Because I'm away from you and mama. And Brittney is annoying. She's always singing your song Havana, and I don't like it." The child frowned.

Camila gasped. "Wait, what? You don't like Havana? Why not?"

Izzy smiled mischievously and didn't respond.

"Wow. My own child does not stan my talent. I'm sad, princesa," Camila pouted at her daughter. Izzy went and sat on her mother's lap and wrapped her arms around her.

"I'm sorry, mummy," the child said. "I like Only Told The Moon."

Camila smiled and placed her index finger on her lips, shushing her daughter. "But shh, my fans don't need to get the studio version, even though they're dying for it. That's our little secret."

Izzy zipped her lips and nodded.

"Anyway, princesa, you're not going to school today." The four year old looked at her mother in confusion. As far as she knew, she had a very long day of suffering awaiting her. "You'll be going out with Mama and I."

Izzy furrowed her eyebrows. "Why?"

Camila sighed and tried to collect her thoughts. She wished Lauren would've been the one to give their daughter this talk, but she stupidly volunteered to do it. "Well, princesa, your mama and I go to a doctor...to help us be better parents for you and to help us stay together as a family."

Izzy nodded.

"And our doctor wants to talk to you," Camila tried to gauge the child reaction but she gave nothing away. "Are you okay with talking to her?"

Izzy nodded again. "Can I bring my Olaf with me?

Camila kissed her daughter on the nose. "Of course you can, baby. Let's get you ready, yeah?"

After dressing the child, in a pair of black distressed jeans, her favourite pair of pink converse and a pink shirt to complement her shoes, Izzy headed downstairs to have breakfast with her parents.

"Buenos días, mama," Izzy greeted her other mother with a kiss to her cheek. Lauren helped her into her chair as she placed a plate with some toast and strawberry marmalade for her. Izzy scrunched up her nose at the sight of her breakfast, but she began eating it nonetheless.

"Did mummy tell you where we're going today?"

The child nodded with some toast in her mouth. Swallowing, she took a sip of her tea. "Yes, I'm glad I don't have to go to school."

Lauren laughed. "You have at least 20 years of school left, princesa."

Izzy's jaw dropped. "But I'll be so oldddd!"

Both her parents gasped.

"Wow, Izzy. You do know Mama and I are 25 and 26, right?" Camila asked her and the child looked at her in shock. "Oh my god, what is it with children and the concept of ageing?"

Lauren ran her hand through her hair and took a sip of her coffee. "I'm sure you were the same way as a kid. My younger cousin is always shocked when I tell her my age. Another one called me an old lady when he was mad at me."