Part Twenty Seven: Communication

"Communication is the fuel that keeps your relationship alive and burning. Without it, your relationship will go cold," William Paisley.

***

To have a relationship with someone, it requires good communication. There needs to be a mutual understanding of each other's feelings. For example, if you get mad at someone and you stop speaking to one another, the barrier needs to be overcome and the problems need to be resolved.

Communication solves most problems, therefore communication skills are the foundation for a strong relationship.

***
*Flashback*

"Really, Laur?" Camila opened her eyes slowly when she felt her girlfriend peppering kisses all over her face.

Lauren placed a kiss on Camila's lips, savouring the taste that her lips would allow. "I will never get tired of kissing you." She mumbled as she pulled away, sighing in content. "You're amazing."

"I can say the same thing about you, amor," Camila sat upright, her back leaning against the bed's headboard, Lauren following suit. "Listen, Laur..." Camila began but trailed off.

The photography student at the time took one of her girlfriend's hand in hers. Back then, Camila was currently pursuing her Bachelor of Music. They were both in their second year of their degrees, which meant that they would soon be taking on the world of work by storm.

"Babe, we don't need to talk about that again," Lauren said.

Camila shook her head 'no'. She sighed and straddled her girlfriend's waist so that she could look into her beautiful emerald eyes as they had this conversation yet again. "Amor, I know we cleared things up already, but I need you to know, there's no one else in this world that I would want to be with besides you." Camila brought a hand to Lauren's face and stroked her cheek. "You are my everything. I don't care if someone flirts with me, looks at me, my eyes are only focused on you."

Insecurity.

It's a side effect of loving too much but getting little in return.

It doesn't necessarily mean that Lauren had loved Camila less than she loved her. But insecurity can stem from many types of relationships and it affects someone's view about themselves. Eventually they might start to think that they don't deserve love.

"I love you, Camz. I love you so much," Lauren sighed. "But sometimes it's just so hard to believe someone like you could want someone like...me."

Camila wrapped her hands around Lauren's neck, brown eyes locked with green. "You are stupid to think that I would want someone other than you. I can list so many things about you that'll make you seem so fucking incredible, Jauregui."

Camila pulled Lauren in for a kiss. Connecting their lips in a slow but sensual kiss. They shut their eyes instinctively, as fireworks erupted behind their eyelids. A soft groaned escaped Lauren's lips. The taste of Camila's lips, how they felt under Lauren's, was a feeling neither of them would ever get tired of. Not wanting it to go any further as they had classes soon, Camila pulled away and pecked her girlfriend on the nose.

"You're the person who taught me how to love," the music student whispered. "The one who actually loved me back. You're the one who never left my side even though I knew at times, I wasn't the easiest person to be with. You gave my life purpose. You gave me something to look forward to every single day I opened my eyes."