Part Eleven: Truce?

"Hello Hailee," Camila smiled sweetly. "Can we talk?"

When the secretary's eyes fell upon her boss' wife and the woman who hated her with every fibre of her being, the only words one could've used to describe how Hailee felt was 'scared shitless.'

She pushed herself away from her desk and started looking for a way to run, but unfortunately for her, there was only one way to leave her desk and Camila was standing there smiling at her.

Smiling? Ha! As if Hailee was going to fall for that. She was a tiger waiting to pounce on its prey.

Hailee was on her feet and started backing away to the wall. "Listen Camila, I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to cause any drama in your life and your marriage. I swear." The singer kinked an eyebrow at her. She didn't know why Hailee was going on about this, but she decided to play along.

"You're sorry?" Camila scoffed. "Sorry for ruining my marriage? Sorry for the fact that I can't even look at my wife because of your dumb mistake!" She took slow steps towards the woman. "You're a despicable human being, Hailee."

The secretary's back was now pressed against the wall. "I know I am. I didn't know what I was thinking when I kissed her. I was drunk but that doesn't constitute for the fact that what I did was wrong and I'm extremely sorry, Camila." She cowered away from her boss' wife.

Realising the woman was scared enough, Camila cracked a smile and laughed. "Chill, Hailee. I'm not going to stab you." She stuck her hand out for the woman to hold it.

Hailee just stared at it, not making any move to grab her hand. "That sounds like something a person who's going to stab you would say."

Camila rolled her eyes and grabbed her hand and dragged her along. "Come. I want to talk to you." She pushed open the doors to her wife's office and told Hailee to take a seat whilst she sat at the edge's of Lauren's desk.

"Are you going to fire me? I'm not qualified for anything else besides a secretary, and I really like my job," Hailee said in a scared tone. "I could probably go into singing but you're like incredible and your songs. Wow. I could never compare to any of that."

Camila pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed heavily. She was having second thoughts about actually stabbing the woman.

"Can you relax for a second? I'm not going to fire you. Yet," she muttered the last word. "I just want to talk." She said frustratedly. "Lauren told me what happened between the both of you. And I guess, if anyone I should be mad at, it should be you."

The secretary looked down at her lap.

"But I don't hate you. It doesn't mean what you did wasn't wrong, but I've..." Camila paused. She wasn't going to lie right now. "I've hated you long enough. You've been there for my family when I wasn't and I must thank you for that...so thank you. And I'm sorry for the way our relationship deteriorated over the years."

Hailee looked up at the brunette in sheer shock. "Are you seriously apologising to me? I'm the one who should be sorry! I've been the reason your marriage is the way is it right now." She sighed heavily. Remorse evident in her voice. "I'm so sorry, Camila. It was never my intention to hurt any of you, especially Izzy."

Camila looked at the woman and could see how visibly sorry she was. "I'm not saying that you're not responsible, but you're not solely responsible. Lauren and I should also be held accountable for what happened between us." 

Hailee nodded in understanding. "Okay. I uh..."

The singer shook her head and smiled softly. "Truce?" She stuck her hand out for the woman to take. "I've been so hurt and mad over this for way too long, that even though it was damaging my marriage, I couldn't even look pass this. I'm ready to move on Hailee, and that means..." Camila cringed slightly, "That means forgiving you."