Part Nine: No Life After You

Love knows no distance.

Even when you're not together physically, you can be together. You can hold them in your heart and it'll feel as though they're right there next to you. You know what they say, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder.' Ever since then, it has become a well known mantra for couples.

Meghan Daum once said, "Contrary to what cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it's for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for time to spend with the one they love." With Camila and Lauren, they needed to spend sometime apart in order to fall back together.

Maybe what was a contributory factor to their issues were that they never let it sink in, and spent some time by themselves to internally accept it and try to figure it out.

***
*Lauren's Part*

Lauren flopped onto the bed as soon as she entered her hotel room. It had been one long flight and a long ass conversation from the person who sat next to her on the airplane. Why can't people just learn to shut up and ignore you? Is it really necessary to talk to someone for so many agonising hours?

"Really, sis? We're in Paris, we should be site seeing. Hoeing. I promise I won't tell Camilita," Maggie suggested as she threw herself on top her sister. "I'm lying, I'm definitely gonna rat ya ass out."

Lauren groaned and rolled out from under her sister. "You may look like you're as light as a feather, but you're heavy as fuck."

The model fake gasped. "I am offended. But I'm serious, let's go out. This is about taking your mind of your very beautiful wife and the love of your life, right? So let's go do something fun."

Lauren kinked and eyebrow and sat up. "Are you hitting on my wife?"

Maggie smirked and shrugged. "I mean, anyone with eyes can see just how fine your wife is...and your wife is very fine, mi hermana." The older Jauregui smacked her sister. "Ouch! I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking. Oh my god."

"I know she's fine, but she's MY wife and your sister in law. So you need to shut up. Plus she's beautiful. I don't say 'fine'," Lauren used air-quotes over the word 'fine'.

Maggie laughed. "Your beautiful wife who you cheated on. Ooohhh." She dived off the bed before her sister could smack her again and ran to the door and shut it just as a pillow was thrown. She opened it once more and spoke quickly. "I'm heading out with the other girls. Hasta luego."

Lauren shook her head and laid back on the bed. She took out her phone and went scrolling through her Instagram account. It had been quite some time since she did that, so why not?

Of course she had to be greeted to a lot of selfies of Dinah Jane and some pictures of her little family. Then there were various pictures of Maggie. But when she kept scrolling, she stopped on a picture her wife posted. Shockingly it was a picture of Camila and her. It had been quite some time since Camila actually posted a picture of the two of them.