Part Five: Emotional Toll

Camila was currently standing under the water with her eyes shut, allowing the beads to hit her and roll down her body. She was already finished washing herself off, but now, she was just relaxing in the water, preparing herself for their counselling session which they had to leave for soon.

Camila didn't have any appointments for today, so after coming home from therapy, she was planning to spend the day with her daughter and continue working on their relationship. She only turned off the water and got out of the shower when she heard someone banging on her bedroom door. She wrapped herself in a towel and opened the door to be greeted to her wife.

"What's up?" Camila asked casually, she didn't fail to notice the way her wife's eyes wondered down her body and quickly back up to her eyes, so that she wouldn't have gotten caught oogling her.

Clearing her throat and trying to calm her heart rate, Lauren finally spoke up.

"I uh wanted to see if you were getting ready for our therapy session today..." the woman said awkwardly. "But I can see that you are," she scratched the back of her head. "Maggie would be here soon to collect Izzy."

Camila nodded. She had finally been able to get Lauren to stop allowing as she fondly called her 'the side chick' from dropping their daughter to school. Obviously, Hailee wouldn't be gone from their lives forever; at least for now, but it was a small step.

"Okay..I'll finish getting ready and I'll be done soon," Camila said after she realized Lauren wasn't going to be saying anything again besides just staring at her. Her wife nodded and closed back the door.

Sighing heavily, Camila went to rummage through her closet. She settled on some ripped blue skinny jeans and a red flannel shirt. After dressing, She headed downstairs to have breakfast with her family.

"Buenos días, mija," she greeted her daughter with a kiss on top her head. "Did you sleep well?"

Izzy nodded and swallowed her food before speaking. "Good morning, mummy!" the child greeted cheerfully. "Are you and mama going out again today?" Camila nodded as she poured herself a cup of coffee and took a seat next to her wife. "Can I come too?"

Lauren shook her head. "No, princesa. I told you this the last time. It's just something for your mummy and I."

Izzy pouted and sighed. "But I don't want to go to school!" She whined.

Camila laughed. "You only have a few more days until Christmas break, baby. I think you can survive."

"But, mummy..." she sighed and looked down. "You always leave and I want to spend time with you and mama before. I miss you when you're not here. It makes me sad."

Lauren gently elbowed her wife, seeing that she sat frozen after the words of her child. Camila knew she was hurting her child, but she didn't know to what extent. She also, never expecting her child to say these words to her that could possibly break her heart.

After snapping out of her thoughts, Camila went by her child's side and picked her up in her arms. Izzy instantly wrapped her arms around her mother's neck. Her eyes were glistening with unshed tears as she held onto her mother.

"Princesa?" Camila cooed. "I want you to listen to me okay," she placed the child a top the island and held her face in her hands. "I love you so much. And you need to know that I hate leaving you. Being away from you hurts me a lot. And I miss you so much, baby. But I'm doing this for you. I want you to have the life I never had."