Part Thirty: Last Session

"L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore

And love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart but please don't break it

Love was made for me and you

L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore

And love is all that I can give to you

Love, love, love is more than just a game for two

Two in love can make it
Take my heart but please don't break it

'Cause love was made for me and you
I said love was made for me and you
You know that love was made for me and you."

The familiar tune filled the elevator on Lauren's and Camila's journey up to Doctor Briggs' office. And if all went well, maybe this would be their final session.

Do y'all remember when Camila was fighting tooth and nail just not to come to therapy?

I mean, sure she wanted to save her marriage, but she didn't actually want to go to therapy.

"Hey, you okay?" Lauren asked her wife who was seemingly a lot more nervous than usual. "What's wrong, babe?"

Camila forced a small smile on her lips. "It's nothing, cariño." She placed a kiss on her wife's cheeks.

Lauren looked at Camila sceptically but decided to not push it. Camila knew that if something was bothering her, she could always talk to her, no matter how little or insignificant the issue, she knew that she could always talk to Lauren.

"Camila, Lauren!" Marissa greeted the couple cheerfully. "Good morning, how are the two of you?"

"We're great," Camila smiled at the secretary. "How have you been?"

Marissa and the couple exchanged their pleasantries, before she escorted them into her boss' office. Chelsea was dealing with a matter so she would have been in soon.

Camila took a seat next to her wife, but she kept nervously bouncing her leg up and down. The truth is, she was a tad bit nervous about their therapy sessions being close to over. She had a fear that things would go back to the way it was and she didn't want that.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Doctor Briggs made herself known. "Good morning, you two. How have you been?" She greeted them with a smile, shaking both their hands. "It's nice to finally see you after so long."

Lauren slipped her hand into Camila's giving it a reassuring squeeze. She didn't know exactly what was going on with her wife, but Lauren knew Camila wasn't okay. "We've been taking each day one step at a time. Can't really complain. How have you been since we last saw you?" She directed the question to Doctor Briggs.