Part Sixteen: The Kiss

"Paint a picture for you and me,
Of the days when we were young,
Singing at the top of both our lungs,
On the day we fell in love.
On the day we fell in love."

Camila strummed her guitar mindlessly as sang the words softly to herself, unaware as to wife looking on. She had pushed her album release back by a couple of months; it was scheduled to drop sometime over the summer, and she most likely would've been touring for the rest of the year. But the tour wasn't set in stone as yet.

Her album was completed, with eighteen songs because dropping an album with only ten songs and a radio edit was ridiculous. Definitely not something Camila would do.

"Hey," Lauren said as she entered the room, startling her wife. "That's a nice song. Is it on the album?"

Camila nodded. "Y-yeah," she stammered completely caught off guard. "It's called '2002'."

She took a seat on their bed next to her wife, who turned her body in her direction. "So when can I get to hear your songs?"

The singer smirked. "You'll just have to wait like everyone, Laur. Pre-Save my album on Spotify and Pre-Order 'The Hurting, The Healing, The Loving' on iTunes."

Lauren rolled her eyes. "That's not fair! Being married to you meant hat I'll get early access to your music. Come on give me the links."

"So you can leak it?" Camila slipped her guitar back into its case and got off the bed. "No can do, babe. You just got to wait just like the rest of the world."

"Am I not invited to your album release party?" Lauren pouted. "I'll even bring snacks."

Camila shook her head and laughed. "Fine. You're invited. Give me your phone," her wife stared at her, silently asking why she wanted it in the first place. "I'm going to put the songs on it, jeez. I'm not going to look at your nudes that you haven't sent me yet."

Lauren choked on air. "W-what?" She stuttered. "I don't...I don't... I mean I don't have nudes on my phone. I just wanted to know why you wanted it. That's all."

The younger woman just smirked and took the phone from her wife, connecting it to her MacBook and transferred the songs.

"There you go. You can listen to it on your flight to Milan," Camila handed the phone back to her wife. "Are you nervous?"

Lauren scrolled through her phone looking for Camila's music, ignoring her wife. That was until the woman waved her hand in front of her wife's face snapping Lauren out of it. "Huh?"

"I asked, are you nervous about meeting the Dos Santos, dude?"

The photographer shook her head 'no'. "Not really, no. I'm more nervous about leaving Izzy. I've never been away from her for so long. It's going to hurt." She sighed.

"Hurt you? Or hurt Izzy?" Camila took a seat next to her wife, taking her hand in hers. Lauren didn't respond, she simply sighed. "Lauren, you do know following your dreams doesn't make you a bad mother right? The same can't be said about me." Camila shrugged. "But it's different with you. You've been giving 100% throughout Izzy's life, you should at least give that into your career and making yourself happy as well."

"I just don't want to hurt Izzy, you know? I don't want her to think the both of us are abandoning her," Lauren sighed. "We already did it when we took that break from one another. Even though it was just for a few days."

Camila took her wife's face in her hands, forcing the woman to look at her, to look into her eyes. "You're not abandoning her. Izzy knows that. She loves you."